• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ooh, a toughie....

grad_dis_nut

Mouseketeer
It's probably been compared/debated before, but I couldn't find a recent thread....

I'm surprising DH with an overnight at WL for our 2nd anniversary (got engaged at WDW and spent our first anniversary there, so I feel we are establishing tradition!). Since it's only one night, we only have ONE dinner opportunity.

So....California Grill or Le Cellier?????

in/out of parks is not an issue, we have Seasonal Passes. It's a Saturday in January, so I wasn't sure if Wishes would happen or not.

We are coming up on 90 days out, so if it's CG for Wishes, I need to be ready to book!!!!

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

We have dined at both restaurants, and while I found Le Cellier to be a worthwhile dining experience, I didn't think it was worthy of being one of those "special occasions" restaurants.

In my mind, nothing beats the CG for that special event. You get dinner & a show, and the atmosphere is always memorable.

I agree with chipnwendy. The food is good at Le Cellier but the atmosphere has nothing on CG.

So what will you do for your third? What about your fifth? You could run out of "special aniversaries" too early.

If this is to be one of those special anniversaries, I would go for CA Grill. Maybe next year go for one of the Grand Floridian restaurants.

I don't have an answer for you. However, I want to say to chipnwendy that you have a BEAUTIFUL picture in your signature! Reggie Brown is from my hometown and is my favorite bulldog.

Thanks for your thoughts. We have eaten at both places before and loved them both, but I think we'll go with the CG since we only have one night. Plus, we ate there for our first anniversary last year, so maybe it'll be the start of a nice tradition. I think ALL anniversaries are special ones!!! :D

I'd say go for California Grill. We've eaten there twice during fireworks and it is very romantic! The food is great, too. It's a nice special occasion restaurant. Plus, if you're already at WL, you'll be closer than having to get to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter