• 2 Value Rooms

• Value Suite

• Cabin at FWR

• Offsite

Results are only viewable after voting.

magicwishes

Mouseketeer
Update on Post 21

We have stayed onsite since our second trip to WDW. We are considering offsite as our family has grown. We both really enjoy the Disney "bubble" though, so we're still looking at how it could work. We will have 2 adults and 3 kids ages 5, 3, and 1 plus another adult will be joining us for part of the trip. We would like 4 sleeping spaces. We would have 2 adults and an infant in 1 bed, 1 adult in another bed, and the 2 kids each in a bed. We wish the older kids could sleep together. In the past, they haven't done well in bed together. In order to expand our options, we would also consider bringing either a child size or twin size air mattress to have a separate sleeping space for one of the kids.

We are planning on going during the first two weeks in June. We have rented points before as well as just getting a room from Disney. Our last trip we split our stay between AKV and OKW in a 1BR. We don't do a dining plan but pay OOP for Disney dining and bring snacks and breakfast foods. We come out ahead doing food this way. These are the options I've come up with and pricing for 8 nights/1 weekend. Our budget is tighter this year, so our main motivation for staying offsite is financial. We'd like to pay $2000 or less for lodging but can stretch our budget a bit.

Rent Points $13/point $10/point
AKV 1BR $3016 $2320
OKW 1BR $2977 $2290
Disney Resort
ASM Suite $2870
ASM 2 rooms $2518
AOA Suite $3245
AOA 2 rooms $2776
Cabins FWR $3222

We need 3 sleeping spaces and a refrigerator. We would like to have a washer/dryer, zero entry pool, and kitchen. We prefer the more low key resorts as opposed to the amped up Disney resorts. We love Key West, like AKV, love POFQ.

My questions are the following:

1. What would you choose with our group onsite?
2. Would you split your stay to save money and how?
3. These are rack rates. Anyone have any predictions on how much of a discount there will be if a promotion is done for these lodging options? I know nothing is guaranteed. I'm just not sure what would be typical for each level. I only see wide ranges on sites with historical discounts info.
4. Would you stay offsite given our needs?

Any other recommendations are welcome including offsite suggestions.

We have stayed onsite since our second trip to WDW. We are considering offsite as our family has grown. We both really enjoy the Disney "bubble" though, so we're still looking at how it could work. We will have 2 adults and 3 kids ages 5, 3, and 1 plus another adult will be joining us for part of the trip. We would like 4 sleeping spaces. We would have 2 adults and an infant in 1 bed, 1 adult in another bed, and the 2 kids each in a bed. We wish the older kids could sleep together. In the past, they haven't done well in bed together. In order to expand our options, we would also consider bringing either a child size or twin size air mattress to have a separate sleeping space for one of the kids.

We are planning on going during the first two weeks in June. We have rented points before as well as just getting a room from Disney. Our last trip we split our stay between AKV and OKW in a 1BR. We don't do a dining plan but pay OOP for Disney dining and bring snacks and breakfast foods. We come out ahead doing food this way. These are the options I've come up with and pricing for 8 nights/1 weekend. Our budget is tighter this year, so our main motivation for staying offsite is financial. We'd like to pay $2000 or less for lodging but can stretch our budget a bit.

Rent Points $13/point $10/point
AKV 1BR $3016 $2320
OKW 1BR $2977 $2290
Disney Resort
ASM Suite $2870
ASM 2 rooms $2518
AOA Suite $3245
AOA 2 rooms $2776
Cabins FWR $3222

We need 3 sleeping spaces and a refrigerator. We would like to have a washer/dryer, zero entry pool, and kitchen. We prefer the more low key resorts as opposed to the amped up Disney resorts. We love Key West, like AKV, love POFQ.

My questions are the following:

1. What would you choose with our group onsite?
2. Would you split your stay to save money and how?
3. These are rack rates. Anyone have any predictions on how much of a discount there will be if a promotion is done for these lodging options? I know nothing is guaranteed. I'm just not sure what would be typical for each level. I only see wide ranges on sites with historical discounts info.
4. Would you stay offsite given our needs?

Any other recommendations are welcome including offsite suggestions.

I voted for 2 values. That would give you 4 beds, 2 bathrooms.

A 1 bedroom at OKW or AKV (except value) would give you 1 king, 1 queen sleeper sofa and a twin sleeper chair. OKW and AKV Jambo would have 1 bathroom, AKV Kidani would have 2 bathrooms.

i vote for 2 bed villa at okw and/or offsite villa.
full kitchen, laundry facilities, extra beds,bathrooms, more space! :goodvibes

Given your budget constraints, plus your desire for a kitchen and laundry facilities, I think you will need to look offsite. None of the suites or villas at WDW will come in at $2,000, and the ones that are close will be (IMO) cramped with that many people.

Art of Animation suite gives you three sleeping spaces, but only three beds, laundry by pools.
All Star Music suite gives you two sleeping spaces, but five pieces of furniture on which to sleep, laundry by pools.
Two Value rooms = two sleeping spaces, four beds, no kitchen, laundry by pools.
Fort Wilderness cabin gives you two sleeping spaces, with five sleeping units (family in bedroom with older children in bunkbeds, adult guest on Murphy bed in living room.
OKW/AKV, five plus one may exceed the one-bedroom occupancy.

The DVC one bedroom villas won't give you three sleeping spaces. They will give you one king bed, one queen sleeper sofa and one twin sleeper chair, but the two sleepers will both be in the living room. Right next to each other. You cannot move the sleeper chair out of the living room.

OKW does not have a zero entry pool.

What about Bonnet Creek Resort? You might be able to get a two or three bedroom but it would not be considered a WDW resort.

We stayed in the cabins over the summer. My mom joined me and DH and the kids were 13, 8, and 4 at the time. We loved it BUT the bathroom was a bit cramped.

If the adult doesn't mind sleeping in the living room sleeper chair, I'd vote for a 1 bedroom at AK-Kidani. You get two full baths, the kids on the sofa, and the infants sleeping with you. Keep the kid's stuff in the master bedroom, its a nice set-up. We don't have that many kids, but we've done 5 in a 1 bedroom with 4 adults an a child which was the same setup as Kidani, and it was very comfortable for everybody.

Of course 2 bedroom would be ideal, but since you're going for bang for your buck I think you'll be fine at Kidani. If you can find points to rent far enough out that there are rooms available for your entire stay, they'll probably be on the higher side ... but you might find someone willing to rent for $11 or $12 instead of $13, especially since you're looking for one of the larger resorts rather than BCV or BLT.

I voted rent 1 bedroom, a washer and dryer would be great with the age of your kids. OKW - rooms are a bit larger, AKV - Animals, great pool

1. What would you choose with our group onsite? OKW or AKL

2. Would you split your stay to save money and how? No, that is a lot of work with a toddler and a baby

3. These are rack rates. Anyone have any predictions on how much of a discount there will be if a promotion is done for these lodging options? I know nothing is guaranteed. I'm just not sure what would be typical for each level. I only see wide ranges on sites with historical discounts info. IDK when you are going, free dine maybe of room discounts

4. Would you stay offsite given our needs? no, never, onsite is so much easier

As others have said, Kidani gives you two bathrooms. Those sleeper chairs are nice.

I voted for offsite. You should rent a condo/townhouse/house somewhere. The extra space for three adults and three kids is invaluable. We've rented in Windsor Hills several times and love it! WH is extremely close to WDW, it's a safe, gated community and there will be plenty of room for your family to stretch out and not be cramped in a hotel room/villa. Plus it's reasonably priced.

Just my opinion.....

I voted for offsite. You should rent a condo/townhouse/house somewhere. The extra space for three adults and three kids is invaluable. We've rented in Windsor Hills several times and love it! WH is extremely close to WDW, it's a safe, gated community and there will be plenty of room for your family to stretch out and not be cramped in a hotel room/villa. Plus it's reasonably priced.

Just my opinion.....

and i second it!

not far away at all, and plenty of space with everything your family needs-all cramped together=not much of a vacation in my mind. :goodvibes

As much as we love Disney resorts when it's just our family of 4 (and understand the need for separate beds for the kids... exactly why we bought DVC last year), when we travel with others we prefer to stay offsite for the extra space. We've rented a house in Windsor Hills twice and honestly it's no more trouble than staying onsite. For $200 a night you can get a 4 bedroom house with plenty of space and your own pool.

We stayed at OKW last month and LOVED it, but I can't imagine an adult sleeping on the pull-out couch. DS11 survived, but it looked pretty miserable. I'd definitely pay the extra for a 2 bedroom if you decide to go that route.

We just returned from at 10 night stay. We did 2 rooms at AoA and would not hesitate to do it again.

I'd stay at Bonnet Creek. You'd probably save at least 2 thousand dollars on the room alone. If you fix a couple of meals or even snacks, you'll save more. Plus you'll have tons more room.
We're DVC members and I'd stay off site with 6 people simply for the extra space.
My brother and his family stayed there this past summer and could not say enough good things about it.

The two most recommended off-site resorts are Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills. Wyndham's a bit higher in price, officially "on" Disney property, has lazy rivers spread throughout the resort. Windsor Hills has the zero entry pool you mentioned wanting. They have house, townhouse, and condo rentals available. Some houses and townhouses have their own private pool and as a previous poster quoted, expect to pay anywhere from $110-$200/night. If you're okay without a private pool (iow, using Windsor Hill's zero entry and slide), you can expect to pay between $80 - $110/night for a 2 or 3 BR condo unit. That's a whoooooole lot of savings over Disney onsite, and you get extra room!!!

The least expensive option would be POR Alligator Bayou section. Two queen beds and a small murphy bed.

This would give you two beds for the kids. You would even be legal for when you have the extra adult, but I would not recommend it.

You could combine this with a split stay at a larger location.

The two most recommended off-site resorts are Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills. Wyndham's a bit higher in price, officially "on" Disney property, has lazy rivers spread throughout the resort....

Actually, Bonnet Creek is NOT on Disney property, but directly adjacent to Disney property. It was built on some property that Disney tried to purchase, but wasn't able to purchase it.

Thanks for all the input. I'm looking into all these options. I'm trying to find pricing for offsite options and focusing on Windsor Hills and Bonnet Creek. Every time I decide offsite is the way to go, I see another horror story about how it didn't go well. Back and forth, back and forth . . . on deciding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter