Only 3 Days to Complete my Magic Band Order?!?

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
We are checking into our resort on July 13. I just went to check on magic band availability again...I wanted to see if there were any of the upgraded bands available. I didn't think there would be...and I was right.

Anyway, my question is this: there is a big message that says "3 days to complete your order". That doesn't make sense to me. I am pretty sure I can order them up to 11 days before check-in for them to be shipped to my house.

Did I somehow activate some order clock or something when I checked availability a few weeks ago? I haven't chosen any of our bands yet...

I sort of want to hold off in case the upgraded ones miraculously come back in stock.

I would call them and ask. Their site has been glitchy to the point my dining reservations disappeared from My Disney Experience (site & app) when I modified my ADRs. This could very well be a another technical issue but call them to confirm

HEY! We are arriving July 13 :).....can't help with the magic band thing, just wanted to chime in with that. Where are you staying?

Do you have colored bands picked? What does it say when you are on the main My plans page? Does it say your magic band order has been received? (To the right of where it says, "We can't wait to see you!")

Under the old system, it would start processing and ship at 30 days before check in. So you should have 4 days.

Do you have colored bands picked? What does it say when you are on the main My plans page? Does it say your magic band order has been received? (To the right of where it says, "We can't wait to see you!")

Under the old system, it would start processing and ship at 30 days before check in. So you should have 4 days.

Hi All!
Thanks for the responses and, no, I have not chosen any bands yet. And, now I'm totally confused. This is what I'm seeing on the main "My Plans" page of MDE:

Which MagicBand Is Your Favorite?
Choose Your MagicBands
Complete order by July 7, 2019 for pickup at check-in.

On the main "My Magic Bands" page, there is a link that says "Choose My magic Bands". Above this link it says ""Order up to 11 days before your expected arrival date to have your MagicBands shipped to your home." Below that it is another message that now says "2 Days to Complete your Order".

When I click through the link that says "Choose my Magic Bands" each of us has a magic band in a circle by our names. Those are sort of grayed-out indicating I haven't selected bands for any of us.

Also, under the message telling me I only have 2 days left is a blue link with the word "Why?". When I click on that it reads:

As soon as you book your Resort stay, choose your MagicBand and print your name. MagicBands will ship to your home.

10-6 Days Before Your Trip
Choose your MagicBand and print your name. MagicBands will ship only to your Resort.

5-1 Days Before Your Trip
MagicBand selection is no longer available. Complimentary gray MagicBands will be sent to your Resort.

So, I believe I should have until 11 days before our check-in to select them and have them sent to my house. I'm going to call Disney and I'll let you all know what I find out :) Thanks!!

That is all the same info I have too and we are arriving on 7/15, weird.
Please let me know what happens when you call.
Thanks!

We are arriving on 7/16 and have the same weird message. Says I have 4 days to chose. Keep us posted on their reply.

OK...Just got off the phone with Disney. The gentleman I spoke to was knowledgeable and I think I have a good answer.

If you order your magic bands more than 30 days in advance, they will ship at around the 30 day mark. The "days left to complete order" message is telling you that if you selected your magic bands more than 30 days in advance, you have this number of days left to make modifications before the bands will ship.

If you are like me and have not yet selected your bands, you can essentially ignore this message. Bands will ship once you order them. And, you still have up until 11 days prior to check-in to select your bands.

I told the CM that, in my opinion, this "days left" message is confusing. I told him that my DH is a CM and we are very familiar with MDE, and if it was confusing to us it was probably confusing to others. He actually agreed with me and said that the message as it appears on the main magic band page is fairly new.

In speaking with him, I formed the opinion that Disney may be trying to use this "not-quite-accurate" message as a way to get people to order their magic bands sooner. I wonder if too many people are waiting closer to the 11 days and they'd prefer people finalize things closer to the 30 days.

Thanks for the info CT Disney. We are arriving 7/10 and I've been getting the same info as you. We do have a split stay though, so I ordered the regular colored bands for the first link and will hold out to see if the "premium" bands come available before we leave. I read on another post that unofficially July 3 is a possible restock date but I have no way to confirm that.

Thanks for the info CT Disney. We are arriving 7/10 and I've been getting the same info as you. We do have a split stay though, so I ordered the regular colored bands for the first link and will hold out to see if the "premium" bands come available before we leave. I read on another post that unofficially July 3 is a possible restock date but I have no way to confirm that.

I saw the July 3rd guess as well...fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter