Only 2 days in DL

AliceCullen

Earning My Ears
If you were only spending 2 days at the DL Resort, would you "waste" time waiting on line for WOC or skip it and spend the time doing other things?

We were there in April 2010 when they were testing it out and it looked so cool, but we are only going to be there for 2 days on the tail end of our honeymoon and I'm not sure if it's worth waiting for. It could be many years before we go back to DL after this trip.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Only given two days I would focus on DLR only things like WoC. While WoC does require a time commitment so do the other things in the park.

I have only ever been for one day, and never to California Adventure. We usually just catch one parade and no shows. I'd say think of what you'd like most and focus on that.

We live 9 hours away and I am lobbying to get to stay for more than one day the next time! ($ is the issue.)

I would but I'd make sure to get a FP and know if I showed up late I may not get the best spot to view. :)

If you only had day then I would not spend the time to see WOC. If you have two days, and you have never seen it, I would spend the time. My two cents. :)

We are doing something similar and decided to most likely skip it because it's such a time sink. You can read the guides posted here and elsewhere on the internet about the waiting times, including the time to camp out a good spot to see the projections properly, that way you can make an informed decision. There are some videos on YouTube if you want to check out the relative differences in quality for various sections, too.

Because of things I read here, I had avoided WOC on 2 previous visits because it sounded to time consuming. However, on our last minute we gave it a shot. It does not have to be time consuming at all! We were there on President's Day- extremely busy. We were leaving for a break at 5 PM and decided to see if there were still FP for WOC. We got yellow section for the 2nd show (9:15 that night). Almost chickened out when got to our line-up area at 8:40 (FP said get there at 8:45) and the crowd was already HUGE. But once they let us in, everyone spread out and we found a perfect spot against the fence. Our kids could see great. Turned out it was their favorite thing of the day! They keep telling me how they like it better than the fireworks. So for us, we waited in no line for FP's, showed up at designated time, and loved the show- only an hour out of our day (including show) and definitely worth it!

Because of things I read here, I had avoided WOC on 2 previous visits because it sounded to time consuming. However, on our last minute we gave it a shot. It does not have to be time consuming at all! We were there on President's Day- extremely busy. We were leaving for a break at 5 PM and decided to see if there were still FP for WOC. We got yellow section for the 2nd show (9:15 that night). Almost chickened out when got to our line-up area at 8:40 (FP said get there at 8:45) and the crowd was already HUGE. But once they let us in, everyone spread out and we found a perfect spot against the fence. Our kids could see great. Turned out it was their favorite thing of the day! They keep telling me how they like it better than the fireworks. So for us, we waited in no line for FP's, showed up at designated time, and loved the show- only an hour out of our day (including show) and definitely worth it!

I was really happy to read this. WOC looks great but I didn’t want to spend hours in line (don't have the time or patience) so I wasn’t even going to attempt based on what I read on here. Figured I would catch it next time when I was staying longer. I think now I will at least grab a FP and head over a few minutes before the show. If it gets too crazy or we can't see; oh well we will just move on. Maybe we will get lucky like you did thou! :goodvibes

I was really happy to read this. WOC looks great but I didn’t want to spend hours in line (don't have the time or patience) so I wasn’t even going to attempt based on what I read on here. Figured I would catch it next time when I was staying longer. I think now I will at least grab a FP and head over a few minutes before the show. If it gets too crazy or we can't see; oh well we will just move on. Maybe we will get lucky like you did thou! :goodvibes
For those would might skip WOC anyways I think this is a good strategy. :thumbsup2 For those who really, really want to see it then you may want to follow advice like that in "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447

Same thing goes for parades, fireworks, etc. Is is sometimes possible to show up late and still get a decent view? Sure. And that works when you do not really care about the parade/fireworks or do not have the time to wait. But when you really want to see a show from a good spot then you need to plan to be there earlier just in case. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter