• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

only 2 choices at BWI for breakfast?

eljojo

Mouseketeer
Are the only 2 places that serve breakfast at BWI Spoodes and BW Bakery? Do they get really crowded in the morning? We like to get moving quickly in the morning.

Well, Spoodles is sit-down- and the Boardwalk Bakery does all sorts of carryout items (my DB LOVES their cherry turnovers). They even do a 'breakfast burrito' that's pretty good!!

Of course I'm doing Atkins....... so I just eat the filling out of the burrito and toss the tortilla in the trash.

I hope that this helps!!

You can always walk over to BCV for Cape May Cafe. Or walk to the Swan or Dolphin for Tubbi's Buffeteria, Fresh, or Garden Grove (I think that's the name).

I didn't even know we could walk from BWI to the Dolphin - how long does it take? You all are a wealth of information!

It shouldn't take more than maybe 10 minutes (probably more like 5).

Just go out to the Boardwalk, make a left and go past Jellyroll's and Atlantic Dance. Once you get past those, look to your left and you'll see a bridge. Walk over the bridge. The Hotels are right there.

Have fun!!

A while back they used to do a continenetal type breakfast buffet in the Bellevue Room at the BWI...the little lounge just off the lobby(as you walk in the front door, go down the hallway that's on your right and it'll be down a few feet on the left). I don't know if they still do that there. They also do a little breakfast buffet at the Ebb Tide lounge in the BC lobby, near the Cape May Cafe.

When we've stayed at BW, we have been able to walk into Spoodles for breakfast and get a table with little wait. The bakery doesn't have a big line. Since more than half the BW rooms are DVC villas with kitchen facilities, there doesn't seem to be a big demand for breakfast. Plus the inn has a conceirge floor that serves breakfast foods. Alot of families head to the character breakfasts at other resorts or in the parks.

Originally posted by eljojo
I didn't even know we could walk from BWI to the Dolphin - how long does it take? You all are a wealth of information!

*Flower*'s directions are very good. It is very easy and quick to walk to the Swan, Dolphin, Beach & Yacht Club.

HAVE FUN! :sunny:

Yacht Club Galley also has breakfast. They offer a nice buffet as well as a la carte service. No characters so it's nice and peaceful.:D

A while back they used to do a continenetal type breakfast buffet in the Bellevue Room at the BWI...the little lounge just off the lobby(as you walk in the front door, go down the hallway that's on your right and it'll be down a few feet on the left). I don't know if they still do that there.
Yes, they do still have this.

You can also purchase donuts, cereal, juice, milk from the little general store on the BW. Mostly we ate at Spoodles, BWBakery or Bellview Lounge. One morning we did ee at MGM and ate at ABC Comm. We have not had any problems with long waits but we go in Feb.

I like a big buffet breakfast, Spoodles or the bakery just doesn't do much for me. When I was staying at The Boardwalk villas, it was pretty easy to just walk over to the Yacht Club buffet. I made sure to fast "power" walk for exercise on the way over there. I think it only took 5 minutes, and I got there before the boat did. After breakfast, I just got the park bus from The Yacht Club. It's an easy walk.

Breakfast around the BWI area -

Hi eljojo,
If you want to take a morning without moving too quickly, Goofy's Beach Blast at the Beach Club is excellent. The food is very good, and as the name implies, it is a character meal. You will probably need a PS for this. Ask for Dorothy - she is just great! You will enjoy the whole area where you are staying. Have fun!!! Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter