Only 1% milk?

Lstar311

Mouseketeer
Is it true that there is only 1% milk in WDW. I am going next week with my DS who is only 15 months and he drinks whole milk. Will I be able to find it, or should I order it from GG or somewhere. Anyone know where I can find out for sure?

i dont know that to be true, but it would make sense. if it were me i would just give him the 1%. its not going to cause him any harm.

All WDW resort gift shops with a beverage/snack cooler - and especially ones with a DVC resort attached - will have the whole milk. I've always found it in the parks, too.

The resorts gift shops have whole milk (including larger cartons of it). Some restaurants have it, but some don't. I don't think it would be a problem to alternate between the two for a week. I personally wouldn't want to have my 15mo only drink 1% for that long, especially with a not-normal diet of other foods during that time, but I'm sure others disagree. When we were there with a 15mo, we were back in the room for naps, so most of his milk came from a larger carton in the room fridge.

I agree with you Princess Roo, I'm already a little nervous about what kinds of foods he will be eating, I'd at least like to make sure he is drinking whole milk. Good to know that the resort gift shops have it, I'll call mine just to double check. I'm sure that in a pinch the 1 % would be fine but I'd rather be prepared with his regular milk.

Not having whole milk for a week or two will not cause any harm to a 15 month old. If you are worried then suppliment it with yoghurt and cheese.

Some places they have it, some places they don't.

I too wouldn't worry about it either for just a week. Your son will probably be getting plenty of milk fat anyways from other products like cheese and yogurt to make up for it.

Toddlers that age really don't need a whole lot of milk to begin with at that age so I don't think using 1% if you can't find the whole would be that big of a deal for a week. BTW, my son never even drank whole milk, he went straight from formula to 2% at 1 year old and to 1% at 2 years old.

We're passholders, there at least once or twice a month, and we've always gotten whole milk for our little one with no problem. Now the Dr says he can go to what we drink, which is skim (fat free).

Most everywhere will have whole - but you will see the 1% featured as part of the new healthier kids choices. At the bottom of most menus you will see something like "also available" and the list will include soda, fries and whole milk.

All the food courts and most of the counter serve restaurants will have whole in addition to 1.

Don't worry too much, 1% is fine for a toddler in addition to or instead of whole milk, 1% milk doesn't have less nutrients just less fat.

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter