Online check in question: Verifying magic band at alternate resort

Laugh O. Grams

DIS Veteran
We're staying at AKL in a couple weeks, but plan on rolling into WDW at 7am and heading straight to the Poly for breakfast at Kona Cafe at 7:30 the day of our arrival. Having already received our magic bands in the mail, we're going to take advantage of the online check-in and plan on valeting the car at the Poly for the day and heading straight to MK after breakfast.

Even though we're staying at AKL, will the online check-in CMs at the Poly be able to verify if our magic bands are properly linked for us as far as charging privileges, tickets, fast passes, etc before we head to the park? I've read that on some occasions, guest have reported problems with their magic bands because they didn't check in at their home resort first. Just want to make sure we don't get to the MK at rope drop for them to tell us there's issues with our park passes and/or charging privileges. Been a while since I've posted here, thanks ahead of time!

If you can see you tickets, your FastPasses and your Magic Bands in your MDE account then you shouldn’t have any problems getting into the park. Tickets are attached to your MDE account and not to your resort. FastPasses are attached to tickets and not resorts.

If you do online check in and there aren’t any problems with your credit card then you should be able to charge to your room - but it isn’t a guarantee. We have been on two trips where the credit card never properly linked to the account even though it looked like it was when doing online check in. Make sure you have a credit card with you just in case. :)

I would think that the concierge at the Poly could scan your MBs to make sure you have tickets but I don’t know about charging privileges on your band.

Your park tickets will work - IME it is room charging and room access that can be wonky sometimes.

I always hit the gift shop and charge a bottle of water to make sure I am good to go - try this at the Polynesian. If your successful you can head to breakfast / if not you could try the front desk but I doubt the resorts are linked in that way. Either way I would have an alternate method of payment just in case.

Again, you won't have issues with park passes so if your ok with the possibility not room charging for the day your plan will work even if Poly can't help you.

Thanks, guys! It's about what I figured, but I really appreciate the info. We'll def swing by the Poly concierge before we head out, but as long as we can get into the park without a problem and with fast passes intact, I certainly don't mind pulling the card out for charges if the bands don't work in that capacity.

Thanks, guys! It's about what I figured, but I really appreciate the info. We'll def swing by the Poly concierge before we head out, but as long as we can get into the park without a problem and with fast passes intact, I certainly don't mind pulling the card out for charges if the bands don't work in that capacity.

If you use your MB to charge at Kona Cafe you should know right away whether charging works.

If you use your MB to charge at Kona Cafe you should know right away whether charging works.
Ha! You know it's funny, I actually thought about that after writing my last response. Duh...

I'll wait til after breakfast and use one of our magic bands then and there. If it doesn't work, I'll make my way to the Poly concierge and see if they can help. I honestly don't mind using a card to charge at the parks, it's more for my kids and their charging privileges. We like giving them a $100 budget and let them buy snacks and whatnot while we're at the park on their own when they want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter