Online Check-in and Fax / Touring Plans Room Requests????

Honestly, the 100% clearest way would have been "connecting rooms", period.

There are, overall, 720 sets of connecting rooms resortwide. 25% chance of connecting rooms
Seventies has 72 of those sets, reducing chance to 2.5%.
Ground floor has 18 of those sets, reducing odds to, well, too low for my brain. 0.625%.

Not saying you won't get connecting rooms, but you can see how the number of requests reduced the chance of them being met.

Honestly, the 100% clearest way would have been "connecting rooms", period.

There are, overall, 720 sets of connecting rooms resortwide. 25% chance of connecting rooms
Seventies has 72 of those sets, reducing chance to 2.5%.
Ground floor has 18 of those sets, reducing odds to, well, too low for my brain. 0.625%.

Not saying you won't get connecting rooms, but you can see how the number of requests reduced the chance of them being met.

It is interesting to know how many rooms are connecting and the rest of your breakdown. Thanks for that info.

However, ONLY requesting connecting rooms defeats the whole purpose of my faxed room request. Faxed request are more specific (and probably annoying for the resort), otherwise I could have just used the standard requests (connecting rooms) with the CM when booking the room with Disney directly. :)

I already took care of those basics when I booked our rooms with the Disney cast member. We put the "Travelling With" indication with our two rooms signifying that we are together. Then, the other basic requests were made, in this order: 1) Connecting Rooms, 2) Ground Floor if available. Sure, saying only "connecting rooms" (which still doesn't guarantee that) takes care of that request, but it leaves out the desired area of the resort. May as well try for a location if you can, that's the whole purpose of a faxed room request.

Your numbers are wrong though.
For example... Just because 25% of rooms, resort wide, are connecting rooms doesn't mean I have a 25% chance of getting one. There is no way to know how many reservations have actually requested connecting rooms. For example, if only 5% of bookings request a connecting room, there's very high chance that you will get one. You are also assuming that every room in the resort is being occupied, which it is not. The lower the overall number of rooms booked at the resort, the probability goes up. The same goes for your other two examples.

EDIT: Deleting my harsh comment. :)

Dan

Last edited:
I appreciate the feedback, I really do, but it's interesting how so many of you think you know the perfect way to request a room.

Dan
Wow. Just wow. People are offering advice based on experience and this is your comment?
And here I thought you came here asking for advice based on experience. My bad. Clearly you already know all you need so I'm not sure what you asked for.

For the record some of us know before we have asked Room Assigners. I'll end by saying most of what you think is wrong. At least based on this
However, ONLY requesting connecting rooms defeats the whole purpose of a faxed room request. Faxed request are more specific (and probably annoying for the resort) :)

Folks, I'm not a newbie. This is the sixth time I've faxed in a room request for 8-10 night stays each, and have been very successful so far, so I must be doing something right. (watch, I probably just jinxed myself).

I didn't ask how to fax in a room request, or what the best way to do it is.

So, back to my original question... does online check-in impact a faxed room request?

Thank you.

Dan

Last edited:
30 years of experience and having multiple detailed conversations with CMs who actually assign rooms helps a little in this area.

Good to note. Did you reply earlier with your answer to my original question?

Dan

Wow. Just wow. People are offering advice based on experience and this is your comment?
And here I thought you came here asking for advice based on experience. My bad. Clearly you already know all you need so I'm not sure what you asked for.

For the record some of us know before we have asked Room Assigners. I'll end by saying most of what you think is wrong. At least based on this

Can you be more specific about this "Most of what you think is wrong"?

Yes, I was harsher than I could have been. Sorry, I edited that out. While I'm assuming you are well meaning and I appreciate advice, I also didn't ask how to properly compose a room request.

Dan

Last edited:
Thanks Lynne M.

Feel free to close the thread. I think I got the answer I was looking for, that online check-in will not impact room requests as long as you don't check the box to add new requests that would overide previous requests.

Dan

Just want to give my feedback on using TouringPlan’s room request fax:
So far I have only used the service twice. I didn’t call nor fax my request.
The first time I got a room one floor down from the room I chose on TP with the same view and layout (standard room at AKL with a bunk bed and partial Savannah view)

The second time was today for my reservation at Pop. My room was two doors from the room location I put in my fax. My comment in the fax was “Quiet location in building 1, 3, 6, 7 and 9”. So far it has been quiet.

2/2 so far...

I highly recommend TP.

Just want to give my feedback on using TouringPlan’s room request fax:
So far I have only used the service twice. I didn’t call nor fax my request.
The first time I got a room one floor down from the room I chose on TP with the same view and layout (standard room at AKL with a bunk bed and partial Savannah view)

The second time was today for my reservation at Pop. My room was two doors from the room location I put in my fax. My comment in the fax was “Quiet location in building 1, 3, 6, 7 and 9”. So far it has been quiet.

2/2 so far...

I highly recommend TP.
Awesome, thanks for posting this information. This is actually what I came here to try to find out as I just paid my final bill and am looking through views (probably going to request a room we've already stayed in and loved). Glad that you had good success.

How close to your check-in date did you put through your request at TP?

Awesome, thanks for posting this information. This is actually what I came here to try to find out as I just paid my final bill and am looking through views (probably going to request a room we've already stayed in and loved). Glad that you had good success.

How close to your check-in date did you put through your request at TP?

You can change your request up to the day prior to TP send the fax, and I believe they fax about 5-6 days prior to the check in day. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter