Online check in advantage?

jocin3

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving this Saturday for our first trip as DVC members. Is there any advantage to doing online check in? Trying to tie up all loose ends here to eliminate a little stress.
Thanks in advance! And Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

The main advantage is that 9 times out of 10 your room will be ready on arrival, even if you arrive prior to 4pm. We always do online check in and the room is always ready. We got there at 11:30am last time and it was ready. It also makes the whole process much easier.....Have a great trip! :)

All you are doing is pre-registering the information the front desk cast member would ask you for. It's basically designed to reduce the amount of time it takes you to get your KTTW cards once you arrive at the resort.

I don't believe doing it has any impact on if your room is ready or not.

We have used online check in since it's inception and our rooms have never been ready when we arrive at 3:00 PM.

:earsboy: Bill

Well then maybe we are just lucky ;) because our rooms are always ready....

Point is, online check in makes your life easier, so why not do it :thumbsup2

My villa has always been ready with or without on-line check-in. At this point I really don't see the benefit of doing it or not!

I did on line checkin for our Oct 2011 trip to BWV and it didn't help at all for being fast.
When we got there at 9 pm our room had better be ready and it was.

There were no lines anywhere when we got to the desk. I went over to the on-line check in desk and by the time the CM was done with me I watch as another guest came in ,went to the regular check-in desk got her DVC booklet and room keys and left. Mind you I was still at the counter and still did not have my book or keys. My folder wasn't even ready the CM had to go down the other end of the counter to get my keys and booklet.
I will never do online again.:goodvibes

The main advantage is that 9 times out of 10 your room will be ready on arrival, even if you arrive prior to 4pm. We always do online check in and the room is always ready. We got there at 11:30am last time and it was ready. It also makes the whole process much easier.....Have a great trip! :)

This has not been the case for us.

We done online checkin for many of our trips. And never once was our room available at check in. However, many of the resorts have a separate line for online check in. So when the ME bus arrives it splits guests into more than one line for check in. Your packets are ready and sometimes the keys are already made and if you provided your credit card information online then you will be checked in within a few minutes.

Did online checkin last month and got a text while still on the plane saying our room was ready. IT WAS COOL.

We did online checkin on 11/8/11 for our stay at the Boardwalk and at 10:00 AM we were greeted at the bus by name. Telling us our room was ready. We were impressed. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter