Online ADR - What's the latest? Any tips?

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
Its nearly time for me to make my ADRs.

Has anyone got any tips?

What time has everyone been able to get on? I've heard talk of being able to do it earlier than the official time.

What can't you book online?

You can book online at 11am. If you're staying onsite, log in (or register if you haven't already) and click on the bit that says link your ADR's with your reservation. That way you can book 90+10.

You can book anything you can on the phone I think, just a lot quicker.

You can book up to 10 things I think? I'm not sure though. And as you go along, the ADR's you've booked will stay reserved in your cart for 2 hours (or 20 minutes if you become idle).

Make sure you write down the reservation numbers and keep them in a safe place.

If you're not too fussed about when you want to eat at a certain place, click the 'date range' box before you search.

It also looks half an hour before and after the time you set (so if you put it 9am, it will look for a reservation from 8:30-9:30). So that means if you cant find anything you don't need to search for every 15 minutes, but every hour. If that makes any sense at all! lol

You can book online at 11am. If you're staying onsite, log in (or register if you haven't already) and click on the bit that says link your ADR's with your reservation. That way you can book 90+10.

You can book anything you can on the phone I think, just a lot quicker.

You can book up to 10 things I think? I'm not sure though. And as you go along, the ADR's you've booked will stay reserved in your cart for 2 hours (or 20 minutes if you become idle).

Make sure you write down the reservation numbers and keep them in a safe place.

If you're not too fussed about when you want to eat at a certain place, click the 'date range' box before you search.

It also looks half an hour before and after the time you set (so if you put it 9am, it will look for a reservation from 8:30-9:30). So that means if you cant find anything you don't need to search for every 15 minutes, but every hour. If that makes any sense at all! lol

You can't book Candlelight Processional dining package online, but when we rang yesterday at about 12.30pm we got through almost immediately! You also can't book the Garden View Lounge at the Grand floridian.

we couldnt book the fantasmic pacakage either online and had to call for that but this was a few months back so it may be changed now

the dessert party we couldnt book either

I booked some of my adrs at 6am uk time when i got up with no problems

I managed to get through via phone at 12 noon and got through straight away to book the later bookings and candle light processional. I rang 3 days on the bounce and managed to get all the bookings I wanted.

Had a lovely CM every time except once so I simply hung up and phoned staight back got through to a lovely CM and made my bookings with no problems.

Whens your date and what have you got planned?

This plan has changed more times than I've had hot dinners but it'll be something like this...

Dec 25th Hopefully an uneventful flight to MCO keeping my wedding dress in my sight at all times, pick up car and drive to the Poly, throw suitcases into room and leg over to MK to spend the rest of Christmas Day in the most Magical Place on Earth

Dec 26th Hope to start the day with ohana breakfast with lilo and stitch then DTD and maybe a Mall on the agenda for today, then we'll say hello to my parents who all arive today, relaxing back at the Poly before taking my Dad out for a meal at Raglan Road

Dec 27th This morning we'll invite my Mum and Step Dad over to the Poly for breakfast at Kona Cafe (my Dad will be at Church and will have to amuse himself for the rest of the day) then Mike and Dave will head to the golf course while I have my hair and make up trial, then my Mum and I will go over to the GF for a Mani/Pedi. The evening will hopefully be spent at DHS seeing the lights and maybe trying to get into Fantasmic, cannot decide where to eat

Dec 28th My Birthday, Mike is planning something for today as a surprise but hopefully we'll start the day with Breakfast at Chef Mickeys. Hope to eat at the Wispering Canyon in the evening, Mike's parents arrive today so we'll need to squeeze in saying hello to them if possible and getting our marriage license

Dec 29th Full day at Epcot with hopefully the candle light processional and ending the day with Illuminations, can't decide where to eat

Dec 30th THE WEDDING DAY

Dec 31st Free day today, my Dad leaves in the afternoon, hopefully we'll be able book the Cali Grill and will see in the midnight fireworks from the beach

Jan 1st AK today, will be trying for an ADR at Boma in the evening

Jan 2nd Magic Kingdom will be rounding off the first part of the trip with a Meal at Ohana in the evening

Jan 3rd Both our parents and ourselves all head off on cruises

Jan 4th Nassau Day

Jan 5th Castaway Cay Day

Jan 6th Day at Sea

Jan 7th Back to dry land and checking into the AKL

From here we have no plans so far, we'll have one day at Universal and IoA and a trip to some Malls. Don't plan to book many ADRs as we'll just be going with the flow.

I did mine recently - here are my tips:

1. Although officially reservations open up at 11am for your date, in practice they seem to open up earlier, some of the time at least. When I did it, the date opened up sometime between 8am and 8.15am (UK time). There are other posts on the board indicating that they have opened up at all sorts of times before 11am (6am Eastern), so it seems to be a bit random. Best to check regularly before 11am.

2. For me, the system struggled with some of the reservations, with the system crashing sometime between putting the ADRs in the basket and checking out. In these cases you lose the reservation and have to start again - by which time, the time you want may not be available. I would suggest doing only one or two at a time. It doesn't take long to check out. Also, one of the 'failures' was the California Grill which required a credit card guarantee - I don't know if that had anything to do with it (the credit card was fine!) so maybe that's one to do on its own.

3. If you have to call to book anything (such as the Candlelight package etc.) then you can call the number for the tours as well as the number for dining. When I was booking a tour, the (excellent) cast member told me that they are also able to do dining, and suggested calling them instead. In my experience, they were better cast members and I got through almost immediately in each case.

I did mine recently - here are my tips:

1. Although officially reservations open up at 11am for your date, in practice they seem to open up earlier, some of the time at least. When I did it, the date opened up sometime between 8am and 8.15am (UK time). There are other posts on the board indicating that they have opened up at all sorts of times before 11am (6am Eastern), so it seems to be a bit random. Best to check regularly before 11am.

2. For me, the system struggled with some of the reservations, with the system crashing sometime between putting the ADRs in the basket and checking out. In these cases you lose the reservation and have to start again - by which time, the time you want may not be available. I would suggest doing only one or two at a time. It doesn't take long to check out. Also, one of the 'failures' was the California Grill which required a credit card guarantee - I don't know if that had anything to do with it (the credit card was fine!) so maybe that's one to do on its own.

3. If you have to call to book anything (such as the Candlelight package etc.) then you can call the number for the tours as well as the number for dining. When I was booking a tour, the (excellent) cast member told me that they are also able to do dining, and suggested calling them instead. In my experience, they were better cast members and I got through almost immediately in each case.

Thanks very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter