One Saturday in April - which park?

lundve

DIS Veteran
Our family is DVC members so we spent 10 days in 8/2018 onsite and at the parks. There really isn't anything we didn't do including ride SDD several times.

That being said we will have one full day to do any park on a Saturday in April after a Disney cruise. Which would you chose and why?

What do YOU want to do? Surely you must have some preference, or a way you're leaning, right? That will help influence a decision.

MK, it’s my favorite. Some of my earliest memories are at the MK... my second would be Epcot to walk around the world get a couple of drinks and enjoy a nice dinner. I guess for me it would depend on what pace I want to set, and if I had plans to return soon or not... also, if I have my kids (DD6 and DS1) I will always choose MK if I only have a day since I think its the best for kids at that age.

What do YOU want to do? Surely you must have some preference, or a way you're leaning, right? That will help influence a decision.

I hesitate to say which way I’m leaning/thinking so not to bias an outside opinion (what I’m after )

MK, it’s my favorite. Some of my earliest memories are at the MK... my second would be Epcot to walk around the world get a couple of drinks and enjoy a nice dinner. I guess for me it would depend on what pace I want to set, and if I had plans to return soon or not... also, if I have my kids (DD6 and DS1) I will always choose MK if I only have a day since I think its the best for kids at that age.

All boys - ages 14, 11, and 5
Next full trip - Probably August or December 2020

I hesitate to say which way I’m leaning/thinking so not to bias an outside opinion (what I’m after )

All boys - ages 14, 11, and 5
Next full trip - Probably August or December 2020

I’d ask the kids for their vote... although that may backfire if they have different opinions! I still say MK but again it’s MY favorite for the reasons stated above. I can say with those ages I’d consider HS and AK depending on which rides they like. But I personally think there is more at the MK...

There's no wrong answer, but I'd choose Animal Kingdom. They have two of my favorite Disney attractions at the moment: Expedition Everest and Flight of Passage. Also, the food at AK can't be beat. The theming of the park is something I have yet to get tired of; even the street performances are really great.

Most people are going to choose Magic Kingdom, but since I live an hour away from Disneyland, AK is something I definitely can't enjoy back at home.

I'm with the other pp's. I would choose one of the other parks. I love MK too but on a Saturday? Anytime we go there in the last few year's it's so congested. We seem to only do our fast passes and leave. The wait times are always high and we don't enjoy the atmosphere so much when we're dealing with the crowds
;)

Which would you chose and why?

I wouldn't chose one. I would have APs or park hoppers and hit more than one. Why? Because I don't like being in any one park for more than about 6 hours without feeling like I am either walking back and forth across the park or spending too much time standing in standby lines.

Have you ever been to the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot? That would be my choice as it will be going on then.

But you know your family so that might not work for you.

We are having a similar debate. We are leaning towards MK because there are more FP+ available but food options aren't great. Crowds on a Saturday are scaring us a bit.

Epcot would be our next choice but there are fewer rides. We did Flower and Garden last year. It is always fun but not a real reason to go back.

We would love to have PH but the price of a one day ticket is already so high.

I am actually wondering if it is even worth it to go into a park at all.

Well I would say MK but your one day trip is on a Saturday so I will go with my favorite park Hollywood Studios. Several good places to eat (well sit down eat) and I know many people say its a half day park but every trip we manage 2 full days there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!