• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One person checking out early- how does this affect our credits?

Neverbeast

Mouseketeer
My DH had to fly home two days earlier than we planned. I'd be fine to just use up his credits for an extra breakfast or something on check out day, but I assume when he uses DME to get to the air port on his departure day it will trigger a Check out and stop his credits?

Is that right or because we have prepared for the DDP all nights will we just get to keep those credits?

If checking into DME does stop the credits, would we get a refund for those two nights of his DDP?

You have access to all the dining credits as soon as you check in. You paid for those credits. They are yours to use. They can be used any time before mid nite on the day your reservation ends.

Right but right now he has a 6 night reservation. If he takes DME to the airport after 3 nights, do we keep the other 3 nights of credits since the rest of us are still there and the DDP reservation was for 6 nights? or will it automagically cancel Them?

Right but right now he has a 6 night reservation. If he takes DME to the airport after 3 nights, do we keep the other 3 nights of credits since the rest of us are still there and the DDP reservation was for 6 nights? or will it automagically cancel Them?
The dining plan credits are pooled to the reservation not to the person - so you will not lose any of the credits because your DH left early. Nothing will be cancelled. Anyone on the reservation can use the credits until midnight of your check out day.
Hope that clears it up.

Connected to the room not the person.
They will not just disappear.
No you would not get money back.
You'll want to use them so you're not wasting something you paid for.

As others have said, you paid for them, they are yours.

Also, you will never get a refund for unused credits. They are use it or lose it.

My DH had to fly home two days earlier than we planned. I'd be fine to just use up his credits for an extra breakfast or something on check out day, but I assume when he uses DME to get to the air port on his departure day it will trigger a Check out and stop his credits?

Is that right or because we have prepared for the DDP all nights will we just get to keep those credits?

If checking into DME does stop the credits, would we get a refund for those two nights of his DDP?

Hopefully the others have cleared this up for you.

Instead of waiting to use those extra credits on breakfast, why not plan a signature meal while DH is still there? ALL the credits are available for use as soon as you check in; you don't have to use one per night.

Just to be even more clear, he's not checking out early, he's just leaving early. He's still listed in the reservation for the entire time, right?

Just to be even more clear, he's not checking out early, he's just leaving early. He's still listed in the reservation for the entire time, right?
Yes. But he will have to take the DME to the airport which I wasn't sure if it would trigger a check out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter