One more dinner to pick....advice?

mollyandsteve

Earning My Ears
I am hoping some of you wdw experts could give a first timer some advice on finishing out our meal planning. We are taking our very high energy, 3 1/2 yo son. I am doing most of the planning around him...places that will keep him occupied, etc. We are staying at WL.

Arrival Day:
Dinner at Whispering Canyon.

Day 2
Lunch: Toy Story Pizza Planet
Dinner: Ohana

Day 3
Lunch: Crystal Palace
Dinner: ADULTS ONLY at California Grill - yippie.

Day 4
We will be back in MK, thinking of Peco Bills for lunch?
Dinner: cannot decide.
I know after eating at California Grill we will not want to do anything upscale, and this is our last night in Disney. Would like to cater to my son, since we are leaving him w/ the sitter the night before. Was thinking it might be nice to see another resort...we will have already visited the Contemporary & Poly. Worth driving to AKL? Something we have missed that would be fun for my son?

Thanks for any advice!!!
Molly
WL 11/14-18

Ooh...I'd go to Cosmic Ray's for lunch (he'll love Sonny Eclipse) and Chef Mickey's for dinner.

I give another vote for Chef Mickey's at CR. He would love the ride on the monorail and the character meal would keep him entertained.

Since you're going to be at MK why not eat at Liberty Tree Tavern. It's not so upscale, yet entertaining for kids (and big kids like me). We love their family style dinners and character greets.

Another vote for Liberty Tree Tavern. It's a wonderful character meal, and we love the homestyle food. We have had some wonderful interaction with the characters there too. :)

Thanks for the responses! Very helpful. Since we are going to be at MK most of the day I am thinking that going back there for dinner does not sound so appealing. We have to go back to the hotel early afternoon for a nap - that if it is missed all of disney will be hear him roar! :eek: Also we will have spent two days in a row at MK, otherwise liberty tavern would be good.

Do you think if I can get a 5:15 PS for Chef Mickeys we would be able to make the campfire at FW in time? What time do dinner hours begin? My son always eats early, so I do not think it would be an issue, and we could eat a light lunch.

My other idea I was considering was maybe heading over to Epcot for dinner at the Biergarten - I have read children enjoy this? I am not sure about a 3 1/2 yo though. We are completely skipping Epcot during our trip, so I thought that might be a good peak into the park. Is it much of walk to the Biergarten? But again, it is probably more appealing to my husband and I than it would be for my son...so maybe Chef Mickeys is the better choice.

Thanks again!!!!

how about the fantasmic dinner package??? Sorry I cannot make up my mind here! I am getting overly excited and totally obsessing over this last night. I have had everything else planned for months and realized i never made PS for dinner the last night!

I originally thought this show would be too scary for DS...but it appears many preschool age children enjoy it. However, if we have to do a 4 oclock PS that would be too early I think. This is going to be late notice for PS.

How about the Garden Grill at Epcot? My first thought was Chef Mickey's, but then I read you were considering eating at Epcot. I would think a 3 1/2 year old would much prefer that over Biergarten. My DD4 can't get enough of the character meals.

I think your earlier thought of driving to Animal Kingdom Lodge was a good one. It's a fabulous place to look around and Boma's is an outstanding restaurant for people of all ages.
Have fun wherever you end up!

If you're considering the campfire, why not make an evening of it? Eat at Trails End. Visit the petting zoo. Let him play at the playground next to TE. Then catch the campfire sing along. Roast your marshmallows, and make your S'mores. If he's up to the movie, watch that. If not, check out the marina and watch wishes, while he plays in the sand. If he can make it that long, watch the Electric Water Pageant from the marina. There's all kinds of fun things for kids & adults to do at Fort Wilderness. Have fun! :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter