One month of Holiday dining reviews!

phlufster

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad. You must
OKay, so now that I am living down here and working for the mouse I tend to go out to eat at WDW alot. I have had relatives and friends visiting pretty regularily since 12/20 so I will try and recap some of our meals.

CS
Cosmic Rays
Pinocchios
Pizzafari
Harbor House
Casey's
Raglan Road
Noodle Station
Pepper Market
Japan
Earl of Sandwich

TS
Beirgarten
Boma
Kona Cafe
Mama Melrose
Japan Sushi side
Yachtsman Steak House

Cast of characters:
Myself - Been in the food service industry for 16 years and a CM. I am frequently made fun of for my unusual food "issues," ex. I don't eat anything blue. :crazy2:
DH - Not picky, nor opinionated, will eat anything put in front of him! Likes good beer :drinking1
DM - my snowbird mother. She is on a Atkins style diet and eats really wierdly.:wave2:
DB - My brother came down for a few days as a college graduation gift. My mom wanted him to have fun before he started his career as a high school teacher.:teacher:
DBF - My best friend who is pickier than most 2 year olds and eats less than one too!princess:
DD - My dad, he's happy with a bag of popcorn and a good bench!! popcorn::

Cosmic Rays- (c+) Average meal, always a place we stop at where we know everyone will be able to get something.

Last minute meal, everyone was in the mood for something different so we headed right for Cosmic Rays. I had the pork sandwich, flavorwise not too bad, however I cannot stand it when bread or buns have flour on them, so that ruined this sandwich for me.
DH had the burger, this is the same burger that you will find property wide. It can be hit or miss depending on the particular location, but not a terrible burger, just not the best. The toppings bar makes up for the "blah" factor for the burger.
DM had chicken ceasar salad, she is on a modified Atkins style diet, so she eats alot of caesar salads.
DBF got corn dog nuggets. Yummy!! ( I always get her leftovers)
Food was all fine, the long lines and the rude pushy people were terrible. Keep in mind this was 12/28 that we ate here.

Noodle station - (B) Good food, too bad they aren't open all year!

I had an eggroll which was really good
DBF had the macaroni and cheese. It was okay.
I was bummed because I didn't realize that they had sushi until we were eating and saw another table eating it. I would have gotten that, but it wasn't on the menu.

Mama Melrose - (D) Wouldn't go back unless someone else really wanted to.

DM, DBF and I shared 2 flatbreads, I think the margherita and an all cheese one. They were both good, however we had too much food. I was not impressed with our server at all. He took forever getting to our table and then was rushing us through our meal. We each ordered apps (me- tomato and mozz salad, DBF bruschetta, DM salad) and we got them about 30 seconds after he brought our bread. Then our flatbreads came out about 4 minutes after that. We didn't even have room for all of it on the table. The food was fine, but the service ruined this meal for me.

More to come.......

As a CM are you afforded any "perks" when it comes to dining? I'm guessing you receive a discount, but I was wondering if it was easier for you to get an ADR than the average guest.
Also, do you ever get to give feedback regarding your meals, service, etc?

We get 20% in some restaurants, but my DM has the DDE card and she uses that becuase it gets a discount on alcohol which CMs don't get.
We don't get any special treatment in regards to ADRs. We are unable to use our discounts during the busy times, so that guests have priority. As far as feedback, we are treated just like other guests (for the most part) Some servers are nicer when they find out you are a CM and some ignore you because they figure they get an autograt if you use your discount.
If we got bad service, we used my DM's discount so that we could lower the tip. I am a server and I do tip low if the service is lacking, I also try to talk to a manager because that is the best way for them to fix the problem.
Hoenstly, the best feedback that we get as CM's is when guests take the time to write letters or emails. Too often verbal compliments get forgotten, but when our guests write letters they get posted and the CM's get recognized appropriately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter