One Man's Dream

wdwlover88

Can't seem to get enough!
Alright Alright I admit it-I tend to get a little teary eyed while in the theatre watching the presentation of One Man's Dream!! Who else gets emotional?? I hope I'm not the only one!!

It's located in MGM right behind The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. It's a very informational show. You take a walking tour as you walk in and get to see tons of Walt stuff. For example, his second grade desk and a replica of his office. Then you see a 17 minute show about his life from when he was born til his death. Very infrmational and a great attraction.

I did a solo trip last year and went through this and came out really emotional. I missed my family and the whole thing, I'm wiping tears out of my eyes coming out of the theatre and looking around so nobody sees me. Can't wait to do it again with my wife in a couple weeks.:teeth:

Anybody know if One Mans Dream is permenant or do they plan to close it eventually? I saw it a year and a half ago and would really like to see it again when we go in Decemeber

I cry at so many things at WDW! The film at the end of the Animation Tour at Studios has me bawling every time. The song "We'll Go On" from Illuminations makes me cry in Epcot and on the CD player at home.

I'm just a ball of mush.

I'm there with you! I cry when I first get there and I cry every time I hear when you wish upon a star! we were in the Disney store once and my kids heard it and scattered because they knew Mom would start to tear up!:) ::yes::

I loved this attraction! Yes, I did some tearing up. But then again, I do that often at WDW, but it's usually from joy. Maggie

While I haven't cried in it, I think One Man's Dream is an absolutely fascinating exhibit. As a huge Disney afficiandado in general (not just of the parks), I find the mini-museum quite neat, managing to spend upwards of an hour each trip looking at everything and then watching the movie. I think the movie is amazing since it's told using dialogue by Walt only.

RyMickey

It was supposed to be a temporary exhibit. At least that is the way it was described 8/02. I actually think it was supposed to close 04/03 but it is still there! My DS (the engineer to be) really enjoyed some of the exhibits of the construction mock-ups etc they had. Don't know if they have changed out some of the exhibits or not - we'll see in a few months!

I also get emotional at "One Mans Dream".
It is really a great display and I hope they keep it forever so future generations do not forget Walt Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter