One extra night or Verandah Stateroom?

WanderingAlice

Mouseketeer
My friend and I are planning on booking a cruise this year around Sep-Dec. We are trying to choose between a 4-night verandah or a 5-night oceanview. Pricewise, they seem to both even out well for us, and we would be taking the same amount of days off work either way. All we have ever cruised has been verandahs...we would definitely take advantage of the space...but we are willing to give up the better view for an extra night on the ship. Which do you think would be more worth our while? Also, what are the size differences between the oceanview staterooms on the newer/older ships? Thanks everyone!

I would definitely go with the extra night. Four night cruises go so quickly. We've sailed inside and verandahs and honestly we spend so little time in our room that it doesn't matter. If you're getting an oceanview, I'd go with that! (There have been a couple of times when we've had a verandah in Nov and Dec and it was too cold to use it.)

Love Disney, but we won't do anything less than 5. With travel on the front and backend to get to FL, it isn't worth the expense.

5 nights!! The OV on the classics are larger and have more storage than the OV on the Dream class. We're a family of 3 and always stay in OV, we spend very little time in the cabin. The OV on deck 2(of the Magic and Wonder) have larger window's than those on deck 1.

I would vote for the five night. There are lots of great spaces both up on the pool deck and on the promenade deck where you can relax and be outside.

Extra night! Verandah is nice but when we don't have one I find we explore the ship more.

Vote with the all the PP. We love the verandah but you should choose because of your budget. Go with the extra night.

Our first 3 cruises were verandah for 4 of us. The kids and I did a last minute last month for the 3 of us in an OV. Would definitely do the extra day!

I'm a verandah girl through and through, but I'd concur with everyone else and say go with the extra night. I always feel like cruises are really one day shorter than the "nights" – i.e. a 4-night cruise is only three whole days on the ship. So that's really quite a bit of extra time comparatively speaking. I've sailed ocean view once on DCL with my best friend and I loved the big porthole window.

My usual spiel is that the first day isn't really a day. You get on around noon, you eat lunch, you wander the ship, you go to your room because it's now open and dump your day bag, you go to the life boat drill, you go to dinner, you go to a show, and you go to bed. So you're really talking about 3 full days vs 4 full days. Big difference. Definitely worth the extra day!

Are the itineraries pretty much the same? Or do you visit different places? I would consider that as well.

Definitely the extra night! If it's raining or chilly, you might not want to be on the verandah anyway.

More nights would be my vote when talking OV to Veranda. We've done both and I'd rather stay an additional day on-board and give up a few hours of veranda time. We find without a veranda the open air decks replace virtually all our need to sit out.

Definitely OV and 5 nights. We didn't spend nearly enough time on our verandah to justify it and an oveanview would have been fine. We're out and about most of the time, rarely in our stateroom. Even in the early mornings when I was up and others were still sleeping I went up on deck versus out on our verandah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter