One day trip

Karyanne

Mouseketeer
I have never done a one day trip before. I am going down for a funeral and want to add a day in my favorite place. Thoughts on March 8th? I don’t really have another option, besides possibly the Wednesday before and that isn’t very convienient, as well as I assume very short hours. Will be my son and I, he is 9. Planning on a long day, definitely rope drop to whenever we cannot go any longer.

march 8th is a friday and with maxpass you should have no problems. Early morning is to your favor and as well as early March date as the highest concentration of Spring breakers are yet to arrive for the next 8 weeks. And since you have no attraction expectations, then that also sweetens the visit. Plan for the 2-6 afternoon hours for lengthy seating, like lincoln, train, tiki, pirates and Mark Twain, naturally, longer times on the attractions will be equal to longer wait times, but the rest and specific focus on sitting will help during those 4 hours. With the day long visit, an early visit to autopia would be better than an afternoon visit because of the stressful nature of Autopia if one is trying to conserve energy.

The 90's night is on March 7, so I think there will be a slight uptick in crowds as people make a weekend of it. Also there is a huge convention in town that week, which mainly makes hotels scarce and expensive, but you didn't say if you'd be staying over night so that might not effect you.

We have our favorite attractions but won’t be too upset if we miss some. I am now looking at the ticket sale... I am so tempted to get the 3 day 1 Park per day now. It’s so close to the same cost as a parkhopper with max pass for one day... and we could pop in for a couple hours one day and a couple hours another day.

Ok so I’ve gone nuts I think. The 3 day 1 park per day ticket special is barely more than the 1 day park hopper with MaxPass. So.... crazy to do magic morning Thursday, leave midday to go to the memorial in San Diego, come back to the park if we have time, if not no biggie. Then Friday all day and dca on Saturday from rope drop to 4 or so...

We had priced out a trip nearby which would mean 1 full day at DLR, a 1 day park hopper with max pass is crazy expensive compared to the 3 day promotion! I’d do the 3 day!!

We had priced out a trip nearby which would mean 1 full day at DLR, a 1 day park hopper with max pass is crazy expensive compared to the 3 day promotion! I’d do the 3 day!!
I think it mostly made sense. I had to stop myself from buying a hopper. We always have one, never not had one. But I feel guilty since it’s just me and my oldest.

I'd do the 3 day one park per day promo tickets too. It sounds like it'd be a great deal, considering you'd get all that extra park time for barely more money than a one day hopper. I think your plan to do DL for 1 and 1/2 days and DCA on your last day is a good strategy too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter