One Day MK Ticket ?

shaycamp21

DIS Veteran
We are doing three nights at CSR on a room-only reservation before our cruise in August. Initially we weren't going to go to any parks but were planning to just relax and enjoy the resort and go to Disney Springs. However, since we will be travelling with our 6 year old daughter we have decided to bite the bullet and pay the insane price for one day at MK. I am worried there will be issues because I booked the room separately and I am now getting tickets. This is the first time we are going without booking a package so once I buy the park tickets will they automatically be linked on MDE or do I have to link them myself? I am assuming I will have the 60 day FP window (window opens June 10th so need to get tickets soon) to book since we are staying on a Disney Resort? Can anyone confirm this?:thanks:

We are doing three nights at CSR on a room-only reservation before our cruise in August. Initially we weren't going to go to any parks but were planning to just relax and enjoy the resort and go to Disney Springs. However, since we will be travelling with our 6 year old daughter we have decided to bite the bullet and pay the insane price for one day at MK. I am worried there will be issues because I booked the room separately and I am now getting tickets. This is the first time we are going without booking a package so once I buy the park tickets will they automatically be linked on MDE or do I have to link them myself? I am assuming I will have the 60 day FP window (window opens June 10th so need to get tickets soon) to book since we are staying on a Disney Resort? Can anyone confirm this?:thanks:
No worries. We book room only and then add tickets on most of our trips. You just link your tickets to your resort via MDE, then you will be able to make FP's at the 60 day mark. Done this again and again with no problem.

No difference in FP booking if you have a "package," or room only.

We virtually never book a resort package, but always book a WDW resort.

If you purchase the tickets directly from Disney while logged into your Disney account, they will automatically show up in your MDE. If you buy them from a third party, like Undercover Tourist, then you will just need to enter the ticket numbers to link them to your MDE account. Either way, you will get the 60 day FP+ window since you are staying onsite.

It's been years since I've purchased a package. I've just found I can get better deals either booking a room only discount or renting DVC points for the resort stay and then purchasing tickets at a discount from a 3rd party site. I haven't had any issues booking FP+ at the 60 day mark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter