One Day at Epcot

yosemite sam

Earning My Ears
First time visit to Epcot, family of five (9, 7 and 4 yr old kids), midweek late august, how does the tentative one day itinerary look below? Should we make any changes due to distances between attractions or to accommodate second round of fast pass requests? Thanks.

8:30 arrive
9 Spaceship Earth
930 Meet Disney Pals
10 Frozen ever after (fast pass t1)
1030 Meet anna and elsa
11 Turtle talk with crush (fast pass t2)
12 Living with the Land (fast pass t2)

1-4
Lunch and break

4-5
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
Journey Into Imagination With Figment

5 Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
520 Meet Snow White
6 The American Adventure
7 Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
830 Head to 9pm Illuminations (fire works)

If oldest has interest dad will take her after 9/EMH on
Soarin' Around the World
Test Track
Mission Space

We have small kids as well so we have basically the same lineup of attractions. We like to get all of the future world stuff done before lunch then head into World Showcase and take our time. The only difficulty I see is going from the Disney Pals all the way to Frozen, then all the way back to Turtle Talk which is basically at the front of the park. If you’re leaving the park for lunch it’s probably not a big deal since you’ll be heading back to the exit anyway. You also don’t really need a fast pass for Turtle Talk. We usually use the FP on Nemo and then head to Turtle Talk as The Nemo exit dumps out basically right into Turtle Talk. Hope it helps.

We have small kids as well so we have basically the same lineup of attractions. We like to get all of the future world stuff done before lunch then head into World Showcase and take our time. The only difficulty I see is going from the Disney Pals all the way to Frozen, then all the way back to Turtle Talk which is basically at the front of the park. If you’re leaving the park for lunch it’s probably not a big deal since you’ll be heading back to the exit anyway. You also don’t really need a fast pass for Turtle Talk. We usually use the FP on Nemo and then head to Turtle Talk as The Nemo exit dumps out basically right into Turtle Talk. Hope it helps.
1. Should we remove meet disney pals or replace it with something else?
2. Should we move the nemo with the fast pass to 11 and do turtle at 1130?

I wouldn’t necessarily remove the Disney pals, I’d keep it tentative and see what the wait is when you get there. Moving Nemo up before Turtle Talk will probably streamline your day a little more. I’m also not sure where you plan to watch Illuminations, but it may be easier to start with Mexico/Gran Fiesta when you get to the WS and work your way around the lagoon clockwise, rather than bouncing back and forth. It cuts the travel time down and may allow you to do more.

Since you aren’t trying to get another tier 1 fp, I would put frozen after your break. I would move your 4-5 slot stuff earlier and then try to do world showcase in order as much as possible instead of going from Germany to America then back to Mexico. World showcase may only be a mile, but it is a hot long mile in the August heat so I would reduce the back and forth some.

Since you aren’t trying to get another tier 1 fp, I would put frozen after your break. I would move your 4-5 slot stuff earlier and then try to do world showcase in order as much as possible instead of going from Germany to America then back to Mexico. World showcase may only be a mile, but it is a hot long mile in the August heat so I would reduce the back and forth some.
If we move frozen till later wont that disqualify us from requesting more tier 2 FPs until all of them are used?

If we move frozen till later wont that disqualify us from requesting more tier 2 FPs until all of them are used?
It will, but you really won’t need them for the attractions you plan on doing. If you wanted to do soarin or mission space or something I’d say yes you should do Fp as soon as possible. I would probably FP the seas instead of turtle talk, but even with the seas it’s not necessary. Most tier 1s in Epcot don’t get too long of a wait other than spaceship earth and mission space.

Updated based on your feedback: (another q, in magic kingdom and hollywood studios, keeping in mind the 100 degree aug weather and moving around with young kids, we scheduled something every hour to leave alot of space in between... is epcot different that we can sched every half hr, closer together?) ty so much.

8:30 Arrive
9 Spaceship Earth
930 Meet Disney Pals
10 The Seas with Nemo & Friends (fast pass t2)
1030 Turtle talk with crush
11 Living with the Land (fast pass t2)
12 Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival
1230 Journey Into Imagination With Figment

1-4
Lunch and break

4 Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
5 Frozen ever after (fast pass t1)
530 Meet anna and elsa
6 Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
620 Meet Snow White
710 Jeweled Dragon Acrobats
730 The American Adventure

830 Head to 9pm Illuminations (fire works)

If time or Rain
Advanced training lab
Disney animals
Image Works - The what if Labs
Innoventions
Kidcot Fun Stops

Also, beware, the Tier 2 rides at Epcot are a trap for kids that age. Nemo ends in a nice aquarium (steer them away from Brucey!). Spaceship Earth ends in a room of games. And the most dangerous of all, Journey into the Imagination, ends with a bunch of interactive music and light activities, screens where they can create Figments and email them to you, and a Ralph and Vanelope meet and greet. Unless you are willing to be the heavy and say No Fish! No Figments! No GAMES!!!!! it will probably take longer to leave than you expect. Also, my kids (10, 9, 6) hate me for making them go on Living with the Land. If you need to jettison something to allow more time for Fish!Figments!Games!!! my kids would suggest that. :duck:

PWaB
(Proud Owner of an Edna Mode No Capes! shirt)

Q re viewing locations for fireworks show, from what ive read the best locations will either have ppl gathering 1hr+ or the hidden good spots my be closed off for weddings or private parties.
1. Re midweek late aug, Any recommendations for good tier two spots that might have benches and or areas on the ground without being blocked by ppl standing in front?
2. Any areas we should def stay away from due to excessive smoke from the fire works?
Ty

Ha, my kids have always loved Living with the Land. Op, I say try it once if you have the time. They may love it!

My son (8 at the time) loved LWTL when we were there in November. In fact, he wasn't big on Soarin', so while I took my daughter on that again, my wife and son went on LWTL a second time!

Just a word of warning about Disney Pals. A couple weeks ago, we did same plan as you and headed there around 9:35-9:40. It was posting a 25 minute wait. We got in line and did not really move for almost 20 minutes. My wife got out of line at 9:55 to go feed our baby. And then right at 10AM, the line moved considerably and we were in seeing characters by 10:05. So I suspect that a second character area opens at 10AM which was able to accommodate almost all of the standby line while pre-10AM, most access was going to the few FP+ guests.

In other words don't give up if line not moving. It will move once 10AM comes.

I don't understand why you aren't planning on Test Track and Soarin for the whole family. Those are 2 amazing rides and all my kids love them...They were 4, 6 and 8 on our first trip.

I don't understand why you aren't planning on Test Track and Soarin for the whole family. Those are 2 amazing rides and all my kids love them...They were 4, 6 and 8 on our first trip.
Unless they specifically don't want to go on Soarin' and Test Track, I think they would enjoy! My almost 6 and 8 are most excited about those two at Epcot on our upcoming trip. My 8yr rode both of them when he was 5 three years ago and still talk about them. My almost 6 was too short three years ago and is now super excited to experience it for the first time! We planned one day for EPCOT last trip and didn't even get to step our foot into WS, so this year, we have two days planned.

One note about the Phineas & Ferb Agent P missions - they can take a while. You don't really have much time factored in for them, unless you are planning to do them as you go, but each mission takes place in a certain country and once you solve all the clues you can continue to another country or not. You can ask to start in a certain country but the next one will be assigned to you by the phone, so just keep that in mind. This can become a time sink.

Spaceship Earth always seems to have a much longer wait in the morning than it does later in the day. If you opt for Soarin’ I would ropedrop that and hit Spaceships Earth later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!