Onboard Credit?? no cash???

rwade428

Mouseketeer
From a lot of threads I've been reading, it sounds like they don't deal in cash on the ships. This will be my first cruise and I don't know the ropes. Do you use your KTTW cards for EVERYTHING?? Please help. I'm taking my three sisters and we're all new to cruisin'.

From the DCL website:
Should I bring cash? Credit cards? Foreign currency?
You won't really need cash on the Disney ships, but when you get to port, you'll probably want to have some money with you. In the Bahamas and the Caribbean, U.S. dollars and major credit cards are accepted almost everywhere. On board our ships, all transactions are in U.S. dollars. However, you won't need cash while we're at sea because Disney Cruise Line has a convenient "cash-free" system on board the ship. When you arrive at the Walt Disney World® Resort or at the Disney Cruise Line terminal at Port Canaveral, your signature will be requested for check-in. At this time you may also present a credit card (Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover® Card, Diners Club®, Japanese Credit Bureau or Disney's Visa® Credit Card) which will give you charging privileges at both the Walt Disney World Resort and aboard the ship. Any purchases on the ship, including beverage services, spa, salon services, photography, medical and laundry services, purchases from our retail shops, gratuities and any item or service of a personal nature must be charged to your room. All charges must be settled before your Resort departure and debarkation from the ship by cash, travelers checks, Disney Dollars or by the credit cards mentioned above.

That being said, the only thing you need cash for on board are tips for room service. (Since room service food is "free", there is no slip to sign, so no place to add a tip)

Everything else goes on your KTTW card.

Ok Rick...thanks for the info...but do you have to use ship board credit...Can you pay with cash?? I know I have at least one sister that will want to do it that way??

Yes u may go on the cash system ...just put it on your account when u Board the ship.. They will give u a call when u get to limit and request more... then u will be able to use your Key To The World Card For purchases...

peter

To clarify:
You cannot use cash on board (for drinks, in the shops, etc.). Everything MUST go on your KTTW card.

You CAN, however, use cash to pay your on board account as Peter mentioned above. You do not need to put a credit card down.

Disney tries to make it as easy as possible to separate you from your money. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter