Onboard booking for friends

jenc842

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are cruising soon and plan on putting two placeholders for the OBC. My question is...if the second room will be occupied by a friend, I understand that me and my husband's names need to be on each placeholder. Once it's time to cruise, can I take my name off so that way my friends family doesn't need to do fire drills and bills with me? Or does that invalidate the discount?

You can separate bills onboard. Online check in gives you the option to add credit cards to each person. I do believe the discount is lost if you cancel the primary guest.

Hi! We are cruising soon and plan on putting two placeholders for the OBC. My question is...if the second room will be occupied by a friend, I understand that me and my husband's names need to be on each placeholder. Once it's time to cruise, can I take my name off so that way my friends family doesn't need to do fire drills and bills with me? Or does that invalidate the discount?
You (and your husband) can book 2 placeholders onboard. I do know when you book 2 rooms (actual reservations) you can, for example, put your husband & you on one reservation, and your friend's name on the second one. As long as at least one of the two of you (husband or wife) remains on the reservation, both reservations get the onboard booking benefits.

I'm not sure if that works the same for booking a placeholder, however. I'd suggest calling DCL and asking them.

We had to book one placeholder in my name and one in my husbands. The Cm said that was the only way we could book 2 placeholders. We listed my daughter on mine and our son in law on my husbands. Once on board we went to guest services and got an extra key for each room. We did the emergency drill for our listed rooms and then for the rest of the trip my husband and daughter switched places.

We were on our cruise recently and had no problem booking my daughter and her family on one placeholder and my husband and I on the other one. We did not have to put each of us on each placeholder. We have done this several times, which includes both booking actual cruises and placeholders. We take a printed sheet with my daughter's name, castaway number, address, and the same for all members of her family. So a little confused why folks are not listing their guest in the second cabin. All of our stuff is sent to our TA.

We just did this during our October 2016 cruise.

One one cruise, my wife and I booked two placeholders where neither of us was named on either reservation. Just for two of out adult children and their families. Not sure if this was allowed because we did this on the second leg of a B2B cruise and we did book placeholders for us (plus another for another adult child) on the first leg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter