• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Onboard booking discount/DVC points?

underdesea

Crazee Cat Ladee
Has anyone ever booked a cruise onboard via DVC points? I am wondering if any discounts/onboard credits are given for DVC bookings, or if those perks are only for cash reservations. My DH and I are sailing on the east-bound Panama Canal cruise next month and would like to book a Western Caribbean cruise, using cash for one of us and DVC points for the other. Just wondering what to expect...

Hi! I'll see you on the repo cruise.
The deal for rebooking with points is that there is a discounted point chart available. You pick up the chart. Then, when you get home, you have to call DVC within a certain number of days to lock in the deal. However, you may be outside of your 11 month window for booking. In that case, they will not actually book you at that time, but will make a computer notation that you qualify for the discounted point chart and the onboard credit. THen, when you are at your 11 month window, you call them and officially book.

If you are rebooking within the 11 month window, you can do that as soon as you get home.

It is complicated, but it works. I still find it a better deal to rebook with cash, although the discounted point chart makes it almost a wash!

Thanks, Kcashner. It's good to know that DVC will work with us. Complicated is OK; the fact that we can still get a discount is cool. We can deal. Looking forward to the repo cruise! Can you believe we're this close?

We have booked two cruises with DVC. The first time they told us that there was a "point" sale, so we got one category higher than what we paid for with points. We are also going on the Repo cruise with points. We did have to pay for one person (third person sharing) and we did get a discount of about $250.

Just so you know, the only discounts/on-board credits DVC offers is with points. Since you'll be paying points for one and cash for the other, you'll only receive a discount on the point portion and still pay the same negotiated DVC cash price (no discount there). The points discount is measly IMO. I contacted DVC about it, and it's only about 10 points per person. The discount for paying cash is a MUCH better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter