? on Vero Beach directions...

Jcricket Fan

DIS Veteran
Hi, I will be heading to Vero from MCO where I will pick up my car rental. I will be closest to the 417 Greenway airport south exit and it looks like connecting with the FL. Turnpike would be the most direct route yet all the directions I have seen head people to 528 then to 95.

I will then be heading to BCV after Vero and again the Turnpike looks to be a more direct route over to Disney.

Just wondering if anyone here takes the Turnpike and how the trip is?

Thanks so much. :)

Colleen

We take 417 to 528 to I95. Exit around exit 157, this should be on you confirmation letter. With the turnpike, you will get off at rte 60, this is your basic old county road, with lots of lights and little nowhere towns that will take you an extra halfhour to get to VB. It also takes you south of the resort about 7 miles. You will hit a few tolls, from Disney you get 2 $1 tolls on 417 then $125 (i think) as you get on 528.
MCO via 417, 528 and I95 is about 1 hour 40 minutes.

I'm going from memory on the rte #s, so check the confirmation letter. At exit 157 go left, east on SR 512 about 10 minutes to rte 1, go right about 6 miles to SR 512, there is a water tower on the right at the turn. Go over the bridges to A1A, the next light, go right about 100 yards on the left. FYI, there is a Publix on A1A about 1 mile north of the 510 turn, on the left going north.

Have a great trip.

Thanks so much for your reply BillPA.

You are right on with the directions you gave, I am looking at the confirmation letter as I type.
I assumed there must be some reason why no one ever talks about going on the Turnpike and never having been to Vero I was just going by what my map looks like and the Turnpike looked like a good way to go.

So to come to the BCV I guess I will follow the 95 to 528 to 417 route to avoid the Bee Line Expressway/I4...I always take the 417 to WDW from the airport so at least I am familiar with that part of the trip.

Going in Jan. so I have time to print out my maps!
:)

Colleen

I have done the Turnpike heading back to WDW. SR-60 is the part of the trip that can be dicey if it's a bad day. Basically, it's a two-lane road running through ranchland with trucks also sharing the road. When you get to Vero though, it is the main drag for the mall, the outlet center and lots of other shopping.

The only tricky part and I can't give you accurate directions is getting from SR-60 over to A1A. I know you turn left at the end of SR-60 and then take a right over a major bridge. You then pick up A1A with a little bit of turning. You turn left on A1A and keep going to DVC is on your right. The resort is really in Wabasso, not Vero Beach proper. When Disney was building, the folks in Vero were very anxious about what was happening. I wouldn't be surprised if they came to an agreement with Disney not to take folks through Vero to the resort.

Originally posted by PamOKW
....When Disney was building, the folks in Vero were very anxious about what was happening. I wouldn't be surprised if they came to an agreement with Disney not to take folks through Vero to the resort.
Of course now the agreement seems to be locals can stop by anytime and use the pool, no room reservations required, it's your free Disney country club, no charge, compliments of Vero DVC members......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter