• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? on the Self Arts Center in HHI

canda

a Dis board vulture
Fiddler on the Roof will be playing at the theater across from Disney's resort during my trip, then A Chours Line when I return in the summer.

Anyone know if these are traveling Broadway shows or community type theater.

It appears they host visiting performers mostly. Bummer for us... we're going to be there June 2 - 8. Right between both performances. Hope you have a great time. :thumbsup2

I know a few people in te cast (we live in HHI) so many of the performers are local, however I think the above poster is correct in that they do bring in outside actors to take many of the roles. I have heard the shows are pretty good, though I have never seen any myself. "community theatre" implies ( to me anyway) that it isn't a professional production. These are professional productions and the performers are paid. HTH:confused3

I've seen several performances over the years and they are very good (although not Broadway quality). They do bring in guest actors as well as supplement with locals (usually for crowd scenes, choruses, etc). Often they are sold out, so if you definitely want to go buy your tickets early.

pardon if I missed it - is there an online performance schedule?

I just did an online search for the Self Arts Center in Hilton Head Island.

I am glad to hear that hear that it is professional actors.

We might just have to check it out, though I am not sure that "A Chours Line" is ok for the family. Has anyone seen this, and would it be too risque for kids.

I just did an online search for the Self Arts Center in Hilton Head Island.

I am glad to hear that hear that it is professional actors.

We might just have to check it out, though I am not sure that "A Chours Line" is ok for the family. Has anyone seen this, and would it be too risque for kids.

I think this was the first Broadway play I ever saw at the age of 15, when it was touring in LA. For the most part it's fun, with lots of music and dancing. There is a song about needing (and getting) breast implants (that lovely tune, "T and A!"). And a couple of angst songs about being gay and trying to fit in. The whole thing was probably a lot more controversial/risque 30 years ago than today. Younger kids may not "get" most of it, to older kids it may be old hat; the middle ages, say 8-12, you may need to do some explaining afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter