• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$ on the rise....

kristieuk

DIS Veteran
....just in time as I've been holding back the last cash to change. The interbank rate is almost 1.66, and FairFx are offering 1.6375 on cards today, if anyone else has been holding out :goodvibes

It can rise all it likes now as I have just got a new job so will no longer be paid in dollars :lmao:

Almost posted this myself about an hour ago when I saw it had gone up but it started falling back a little. Up 2 cents today.:thumbsup2

Do you guys think that this is the best it will get? Also heard a few people say about the FairFx card - is it easy to use in Orlando?

Many thanks :)

Looking at some of the foreign exchange websites there are saying that it might reach $1.80 later this year which would accord with the link from the PP. It only takes one piece of bad economic news or Mr King from the BOE standing on his feet and announcing a new QE program to send the rate downwards again.

When fairfx gets to $1.70 I will be buying my currency for next year's trip.

It is always worth checking out crown currency as they do forward contracts and have some very attractive rates from time to time.

typical, i get all my money on saturday, and it goes up!! then again i leave on friday so i cant really wait too long for it to go up.
i did get $1.61 per pound which i was happy with so at least its not too bad :)

:sad2: I got $1.56!! Oh well, I have a bit more cash to exchange before Friday, plus I'm exchanging while I'm over there (on my Travel Money Card). Hopefully it will go up a little! :goodvibes

i was currency shopping on saturday, went to the post office in basildon, it wsa $1.56. post office in tesco pitsea (about 2 miles down the road) was $1.61!
i just couldnt get over the difference in rates in the same "chain"

i was currency shopping on saturday, went to the post office in basildon, it wsa $1.56. post office in tesco pitsea (about 2 miles down the road) was $1.61!
i just couldnt get over the difference in rates in the same "chain"

I noticed that as well with Hornchurch, Romford and Upminster, all different...

Is it just an Essex thing I wonder.... might be to do with local competition etc from the travel agents on the high street

Try Tescos (as in the actual tesco currency booths not those with post offices in) - they tend to be better than the Post Office.

I find places that do cheque cashing, pawning etc give a better rate than the likes of the Post Office and most travel agents. Me and the bf got ours from 'The Money Shop' (I think they're a nationwide chain) He got 1.63, I got 1.62. We decided to bite the bullet a few weeks ago and just change the cash we wanted to take, I still plan to use my credit card in the US anyway.

Greta news it has gone up a little again, I have been holding out to put he remainder on my Fairfx card :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter