• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

on-line check in and DxDDP

tortoni

DIS Veteran
Hello, we will be at the Boardwalk for a couple of nights with deluxe dining. We are thinking we would like to have lunch at Disney Springs before heading to the hotel. Will we be able to use our credits if we do online checkin? Or do we need to stop at the Boardwalk?

You should be able to use the credits with on-line check in. If not, there's a guest relations in DS Town Center that can straighten things out for you.

I thought you had to physically check-in at resort to 'activate' the start of your stay. This is a good question!

I'm 99% sure that online check-in is supposed to activate the plan entitlements. If you're in any doubt, I again suggest going to guest relations and at least have them check. Much less out of the way than a trip to the resort, at least.

I've only had a problem one time, and the restaurant manager called the resort to fix it while I ate.

I will report back after we are there next week.

I am interested in what happened - was online check-in enough to activate the plan on the first day of your stay, before you physically arrived at your resort?

We will be in a similar situation next month and I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experience.

We just went through a somewhat similar situation last week. We had a split stay with the dining plan on both stays. On our changeover day, I had used all TS and QS entitlements from the first stay, but I still had 4 snack credits left. I physically checked out of our first resort (although the CM made it seem as that was unnecessary), then we went to AK. While at AK, I used up the 4 snack credits, then we went to Tusker House where I used 4 TS credits from the new dining plan. Everything worked perfectly even though I never physically went to the new hotel to check in - I just did online check in.

We just went through a somewhat similar situation last week. We had a split stay with the dining plan on both stays. On our changeover day, I had used all TS and QS entitlements from the first stay, but I still had 4 snack credits left. I physically checked out of our first resort (although the CM made it seem as that was unnecessary), then we went to AK. While at AK, I used up the 4 snack credits, then we went to Tusker House where I used 4 TS credits from the new dining plan. Everything worked perfectly even though I never physically went to the new hotel to check in - I just did online check in.
Thanks for the info - very helpful!

I am interested in what happened - was online check-in enough to activate the plan on the first day of your stay, before you physically arrived at your resort?

We will be in a similar situation next month and I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experience.
Since I don't like to leave things to chance, we stopped at the Boardwalk before lunch. Good thing as they had no record of my online check in. Activated magic bands there and good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter