On line booking and credit card requirement for package meals

Bete

DIS Veteran
If you book Cinderella Royal Table dinner package it's a required credit card reservation. Is your credit card just placed on hold when you are using the DP for your trip and you are doing it on line for the booking? I'm scared if you do this on line your credit card will get instantly charged; is this true?

I don't see how the system recognizes that you have TS credits to use for these packages or that you may want to pay cash; etc.

I remember posts stating they were charged immediately. I don't know if this was a glitch when it first started or if they did something wrong. I'm just tryimg to get a heads up. I'm a few days away from doing ADRs. I like the idea of on line booking, but I don't want to be charged for any packaged meals. I'm planning on Fantasmic and CP (maybe won't be able to do this one on line), too. I don't want to get hit three times trying to do this on line and getting charged immediately.

Please help; I'm scared.

I made reservations via e-mail and with the help of a CM on the phone.

The CM explained to me that certain places require a credit card "deposit" for the reservation and NOTHING will be charged to the card, unless you do not cancel and fail to show up, then a fee wil be charged.

Several of my dining reservations required this, but nothing has been charged. And when I do use them, the charges for the meal come out of my DDP credits.
pirate:

Also, when I booked my fantasmic and a tour package, they said (and did!) charge my credit card within a few days of booking!

The system has to verify that you are on the dining plan before it will let you book CRT with a credit card hold rather than prepayment. Apparently there is some difficulty with the online system being able to tell if you're on the dining plan. Enter your resort reservation number when you are booking, and pay attention to what it asks you to pay. If the online system asks you to pay in full even with your resort reservation number entered, it didn't register that you're on the dining plan, and you will need to pay in full to book online, then be reimbursed, or call WDW-DINE and get a person to book you.

I am not sure you can book either Fantasmic or CP packages online.

and my ressie had letters in it from Disney Travel. The CM was kind and gave me a 12 digit number that matches my reservation which is evidently what there system uses.

Supposedly this 12 digit number is what I want to use for making Disney dining package ressies online. This number references somehow that I have TS dining credits and I will be okay doing it online with this number and not be charged. I still have to be careful not to check a box for paying in full with my card.

I don't do this until Sept 1. I'll tell everyone how it goes after I try it.

I have a breakfast and a lunch booked at CRT. The online system charged my credit card for the breakfast but not for the lunch. Go figure.

I booked the Princess Storybook Breakfast on-line and had to give my CC as a hold. My cart said that my balance was $0 so I'm hoping there will be no charges on my CC. I'm guessing that when you pull up your room/package ressie number the system is aware that you are on the DDP.
I guess I'll let you know for sure when our next CC statement comes out.

I booked CRT Breakfast and it charged my credit card right away. I booked Hoop Dee Doo, and I didn't see the charge. Which is good, I want to use the Dining Plan for HDD, but I think I will pay OPP for CRT anyway.

I have a breakfast and a lunch booked at CRT. The online system charged my credit card for the breakfast but not for the lunch. Go figure.

and I will. I think another poster said you have to see zero money owed. If I don't see -0- I won't do it.

I want that extra hour leeway in the morning to book to get a jump on these harder packages, but I'll wait the hour if it wants to charge me. If I can't tell from looking at the screens for what's what I'll pass then, too and just call it in.

It sure sounds screwy from what all you are saying. How can it go through right one time and not the next. Go figure!

I just went through this! We booked Spirit of Aloha for Thanksgiving night. I had to give my cc#. It DID charge my card. Today I called Disney Dining to see what could be done. I was told that they would have to cancel my original ADR to refund the money and then try to rebook it. The problem is that there are no more reservations available for what I had. Now I don't know what to do.

I just went through this! We booked Spirit of Aloha for Thanksgiving night. I had to give my cc#. It DID charge my card. Today I called Disney Dining to see what could be done. I was told that they would have to cancel my original ADR to refund the money and then try to rebook it. The problem is that there are no more reservations available for what I had. Now I don't know what to do.

I feel for you and it's why I'm trying so hard to avoid these problems. I will probably just call my ressies in for dinner packages; it seems a whole lot safer in this regard. If one hour is going to kill me for getting it then it wasn't meant to be.

This is what happened to me too for CRT ressies. Of course when I called back later there was nothing available so I just kept my original ADR and will pay for the breakfast. The CM told me that when we arrive and show up that I can then get a credit put back onto my credit card. Hopefully this will be easy to do as I don't want to pay for the meal when I can use my Dining Plan!

Just went through this this AM as well. I called and she said that the online system DOES NOT recognize the DDP and you will be charged. She was unable to modify it, but offered to witch me to Guest Services.

I passed as we will pay OOP on this one and use the credits somewhere else. Just FYI though to those wondering.

I was told by the CM two important criteria for this to work correctly on line'

To make sure DP is recognized you must enter a 12 digit number only reservation. The CM was kind enough to give me mine; since, I had two alpha characters and my number was not 12 digits. What you get from Disney Travel will not work, at least in my case.

Also, you need to watch the screens very carefully and never agree to pay. You need to make sure the totals show -0- or you will be charged.

I haven't done it yet; so, I don't know how easy or hard it is to recognize everything is going correctly.

For the ones that had to pay did you do it as stated above? Also, I understand if you have a party of 6 or more you will get charged.

You should not get charged because you have a party of 6 or more.

I booked our group of 6 HDDR and wasn't charged. I later had to cancel as now we were a party of 7 (nephew of my neighbours) and my neighbour re-booked HDDR and I walked her through the steps online to make sure her CC wasn't charged. Her total came up as 0 when checking out. I then cancelled my ADR on the phone after she was able to book it for the correct amount of people.

You should not get charged because you have a party of 6 or more.

I booked our group of 6 HDDR and wasn't charged. I later had to cancel as now we were a party of 7 (nephew of my neighbours) and my neighbour re-booked HDDR and I walked her through the steps online to make sure her CC wasn't charged. Her total came up as 0 when checking out. I then cancelled my ADR on the phone after she was able to book it for the correct amount of people.

I got charged for the CRT, but they didn't charge me for HDDR - both were for 6. The HDDR was more money. I wonder why?

Did you do the online booking? If so, did you put your resort/package confirmation # in before booking? Did it show a total or was it 0?

If you had a CM book CRT, then I could see them accidentaly charging your CC.

I don't know why you were charged, you shouldn't have been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter