On Board Account

You need to call the number for Gifts and Amenities and buy onboard credit.

If you booked through a TA, just call them with your Disney Gift Card or other payment info and they can arrange this for you.

If you booked through a TA, just call them with your Disney Gift Card or other payment info and they can arrange this for you.

Even if you booked through a TA you can do it through Gifts and Amenities. That way you know it is there and not mislabeled.

And I have never had a long wait on that line, so the “hours on hold” thing does not fly here.

So what is the benefit of buying OBC ahead of the cruise vs taking my Disney GC to the Guest Service desk?

We purchased $700 via gift card as OBC before our recent cruise. It was a quick phone call with the gifts and amenities number.

It was nice mentally seeing our account balance be a negative number for most of our cruise!

One less line to wait in on the ship :confused3 Though I've never waited more than about 5 minutes any time I've gone to guest services on the ship.

This, basically. It's nice to know that money is there in case you don't get to Guest Services before charges hit the account. But it's really not a huge deal either way. :)

This, basically. It's nice to know that money is there in case you don't get to Guest Services before charges hit the account. But it's really not a huge deal either way. :)
Well, I'm going to give it a try on the upcoming West coast members cruise. It's only 5 days so I'll have to get an accurate estimate (engineer talk) to determine the gc amount. Thanks all for the information.

If you pre-pay to your onboard account using a Disney Visa, it qualifies for the 0% interest offer. If charged at the end of the cruise it will not.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter