Omg!!!!

CruiseBoundnKY

DIS Veteran
I will try my best to condense my long story.

August 2012 - I started my journey with a 2K
To date I'm down 41 pounds!!!

I have competed in many 5Ks and ran a 7 miler in March.

I was registered to run my first half in September (still am, but it won't be the first).

When I started my journey i kept saying I wanted to do the Princess in 2013. But I was told by everyone that it was too soon.

Divine intervention happened and just a few weeks before the race, my dh was getting sent to Orlando for the same weekend as the Princess. So I signed up for the 5k portion.

We arrived and went to the expo. I was standing at a booth when dh nudged me and said hey look...it's HER!!! We have always watched Biggest Loser (usually while eating cookies) and he knew who her was. Lol

I quickly followed her and her cameraman to the booth where she would speak. I watched people take pics of her then finally I heard her story. It was so much like mine. I was standing there in tears.

Later that day we walked past her booth. Dh says, you just got to meet her. So I stood in line nervous as could be, worrying what I would say. But when my turn finally came I knew what I would say. I turned my back to dh so he couldn't see the tears in my eyes as I was talking.

I told Ali Vincent that day that I would be back in 2014 to run the half and we giggled as dh took our picture because I told her I was going to spend an insane amount of his money when I did.

Fast forward to last week. Dh gets a bad sinus infection and is snoring like a mule. I pop on Facebook at 4am. Ali had just posted that she was going to run the Diva half in Myrtle Beach and take 5 people with her.

It was 4am and I was bored, so I typed out why I thought she should choose me. A week later I found out that.... SHE DID!!!!

I have stepped up my training to crunch some major miles before next weekend. I had less than 2 weeks to take my training from 7 miles to half marathon level.

I'm so excited and nervous. I received am email last night from Ali. :) This is just unbelievable.

Thanks for letting me share. :)
I will post a race report afterwards.

Yay, yay, yay, yay!!!!!

Good for you - work hard, take care of yourself, and have a great time!

:yay::yay:

WOW. AWESOME. FABULOUS.

Good luck and congrats on this wonderful opportunity!!!! :thumbsup2

Congrats! I hope you have an amazing time and I can't wait to see an update (hopefully with a pic or 2 :))

I will try my best to condense my long story.

August 2012 - I started my journey with a 2K
To date I'm down 41 pounds!!!

I have competed in many 5Ks and ran a 7 miler in March.

I was registered to run my first half in September (still am, but it won't be the first).

When I started my journey i kept saying I wanted to do the Princess in 2013. But I was told by everyone that it was too soon.

Divine intervention happened and just a few weeks before the race, my dh was getting sent to Orlando for the same weekend as the Princess. So I signed up for the 5k portion.

We arrived and went to the expo. I was standing at a booth when dh nudged me and said hey look...it's HER!!! We have always watched Biggest Loser (usually while eating cookies) and he knew who her was. Lol

I quickly followed her and her cameraman to the booth where she would speak. I watched people take pics of her then finally I heard her story. It was so much like mine. I was standing there in tears.

Later that day we walked past her booth. Dh says, you just got to meet her. So I stood in line nervous as could be, worrying what I would say. But when my turn finally came I knew what I would say. I turned my back to dh so he couldn't see the tears in my eyes as I was talking.

I told Ali Vincent that day that I would be back in 2014 to run the half and we giggled as dh took our picture because I told her I was going to spend an insane amount of his money when I did.

Fast forward to last week. Dh gets a bad sinus infection and is snoring like a mule. I pop on Facebook at 4am. Ali had just posted that she was going to run the Diva half in Myrtle Beach and take 5 people with her.

It was 4am and I was bored, so I typed out why I thought she should choose me. A week later I found out that.... SHE DID!!!!

I have stepped up my training to crunch some major miles before next weekend. I had less than 2 weeks to take my training from 7 miles to half marathon level.

I'm so excited and nervous. I received am email last night from Ali. :) This is just unbelievable.

Thanks for letting me share. :)
I will post a race report afterwards.

What an amazing opportunity. Congratulations and good luck!

Congratulations!! That is amazing!
Please tell me about the 5K at the Half-marathon.
My niece and her family will be running the half marathon and I will be running the 5K. I have never done it before.

I met her (2nd time) today. I received a Live Big pink towel and my VIP pass.

I will be able to start the race with her on Sunday.

I had a great time at the expo. Now comes the hard part. 13.1 fun filled miles that I will be so glad that I did. :)

Karen

Wow, that's amazing! I love her! Have a great time and be sure to tell us all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter