OMG This is the funniest thing I ever heard at Disney!

I thought this was funny:

Tonight I told my husband what I was going to wear for lunch at "the Castle."

He thought I said "casket." :rotfl2:

Some people on the Dis just never cease to amaze me (or amuse)LOL.

You know what? The know it all lady who loudly announced to everyone in the sky tower at Sea world "oh look there is Sea Worlds junkyard" was FUNNY! It was funny when her husband tried to convince her it was not a junkyard.

It was funny when I was standing behind a guy at Pop Century who kept INSISTING he had arrived at POP moments ago by MONORAIL. Then he demanded to know why WDW had moved the monorail while he was in the restroom. The woman that was with him gave up trying to explain to him and just bust out laughing..... because it was funny!

Speaking of funny stories...back when we visited, we were leaving the parks one night and a bus to CBR was sitting there waiting. My parents sent me to run ahead and ask the bus driver to wait for them, and he said no problem, we're gonna be here another few minutes. Then he told us a great story: one night he was pulling away from a park when he saw a woman in his rear view running after the bus and frantically waving her arms. She looked so distressed he was afraid she might have left her child on board or something like that, so he stopped for her. When he opened the door, she got on, gasping for breath, and managed to get out, "9:30...luau..." :rotfl:

And speaking of vacation transportation issues...when I went to London (by myself), I was so excited to get on my first-ever real live red double decker bus! (Buses are nothing new to me, even ones in a major city, but there's something about those that's just so iconic!) Well I got on, and no more than 5 minutes later, the bus pulled over, and the driver announced, ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry to tell you that this bus is no longer in service - someone just took one of my side mirrors off! So much for that! I think another bus came along a few minutes later. I preferred the Tube anyway!

Never heard something that funny, but a VERY excited Spanish speaking women on the bus to the Magic Kingdom started to scream "MICKEY MOOSE! MICKEY MOOSE! MICKEY MOOSE!" as the bus turned into the bus area. I almost peed myself laughing. Mouse, Moose, whatever. She was very happy to be there! haha

Peeing

Military Wife & Disney Lover. be there December 15-18.

I admit it, before my first trip I didn't get it, luckly my roommate did and she did all the planning while I made snide comments about "planning it to death" and "just show up and ride rides", well I learned and now the planning, to me anyway, is part of the fun. Its me who is online at 4am MT 180 days out to make ADRs, she makes the spread sheets and I fill them in, I am the one that constantly looks for deals on airfare and car rentals. We are both constantly doing more research, trying to find out things we didn't know. I am blessed with a pretty good sense of direction and ability to understand transportation issues so I get to decide how we get places (car, bus, monorail, boat, combination). Of coarse that also means I have to do all the driving.
I now help co-workers plan their trips, in many cases, their spouses who I might not have even met will call me to ask questions.
If I hear someone at WDW that obviously has wrong information or is confused I am more than willing to help out, but I do admit, afterwards I might chuckle about it.

And yes, the OPs story about the monorail and Super 8 was funny. LOL

This reminds me of my friend. I've laughed at him more while planning this trip. He's definitely one of those no planning guys. When we first started talking about going to Disney, I kept telling him we needed to make a decision soon as we were at 180 days. He just couldn't understand. He kept saying if he decided to go he'd just throw the kids in the car and go last minute. Let me first point out we live about 13 hours away, so I don't know whose in that car with the kids, but its definitely not me! I kept telling him if he did that he had better be prepared to sleep in that car cause he wasn't getting a room, and he wasn't getting any meals either. Finally, I just pulled up the reservation website. After about the 4th, "This is nice lets stay here." Me, " it's booked." It finally sank in. But he set there in shock for a good 30 minutes trying to wrap his mind around the fact that they were sold out at all the hotels but two.

Another time, he almost cancelled the trip because he heard something on tv that made him believe there was no alcohol allowed anywhere on Disney property. I thought he was going to have a stroke. We let him panic for a day before telling him we weren't actually depriving him of his alcohol. You should have seen his face when he thought he was going to have to suffer through a week at Disney all without any liquor.

Then, he really surprised me, we put the count down calendar up this week, and he was more excited about it then the kids were. He's been running around telling anyone who will listen he's going to Disney in a few weeks. It's so funny. This grown middle class man, head of a business, running around giddy with excitement like a little kid. And the sad part is I'm pretty sure he thinks he's going to a fair. That's how knowledgeable he is. This will be his first time, can you say midlife crisis. Although, he may just be excited because I promised to map out all the bars for him. *Anyone with a list, love to have a copy.

There is an app for that:). Check out Beers to Ears or something similar to that, it's free and outlines all the beer joints at WDW

Two years ago, I was treated to my first-ever solo trip. SO much fun and this continues to bring fond memories of that time: I treated myself to a breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It was beautiful and the food terrific. While I was enjoying the peace in that moment, a woman began to argue with a CM. She was shattering my moment, so I paid attention. The last thing I heard her say about the menu before I lost it was, "LOBSTER EGGS BENEDICT! Who in their right mind would want to eat Lobster EGGS?" To this day, just reading the GFC breakfast menu makes me chuckle. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

There is an app for that:). Check out Beers to Ears or something similar to that, it's free and outlines all the beer joints at WDW

Thanks found it. He's in heaven, been playing with that dumb app for days. Still doesn't realize how big Disney is, so he thinks he will just be able to hop over to any bar at any time to get his favorites. I think he has a list now.

I don't mean to laugh at other people's lack of planning, but usually the less people know the more confident they are that they have all the answers.

Those are the people I get a kick out of-the ones that insist they are right when they could not be more wrong (like the inter-resort bus geniuses mentioned earlier in this thread). Disney Karma always comes back at you.

I don't mean to laugh at other people's lack of planning, but usually the less people know the more confident they are that they have all the answers.

Those are the people I get a kick out of-the ones that insist they are right when they could not be more wrong (like the inter-resort bus geniuses mentioned earlier in this thread). Disney Karma always comes back at you.

That's so true. I work with a girl just like that. Just the other day, she was telling me how you didn't need a park ticket to enter a park as long as you had a dinner reservation. She was so sure she was right, and I was wrong because she has a family member who works at Disney. I just kept thinking, "Yeah, maybe your family member can get you in, but the general public needs a park ticket." But try telling her that.

That less knowledge = more confidence phenomenon is everywhere in life. In the hospital, we say someone "doesn't know what she doesn't know" I remember thinking I knew everything I needed to know and then realizing that every time I learned something new I passed through a doorway of knowledge that simply led to a vast hallway of more doors to open to learn more things I never thought might be out there.

The upside is that many of those people have an enjoyable trip despite those transportation and reservation glitches- they aren't disappointed when they don't get a favored spot to watch Wishes, when they don't get to try the "grey stuff", when a restaurant is under refurb, or when no fun characters are at a training spot. They're just enjoying the everyday magic we may be taking for granted.

I giggled, too, wondering how the people the guard was speaking to got there in the first place if not by any Disney transportation. I think sometimes the "funnier" part is listening to a CM answer questions so patiently without making the asker feel dumb. Most of them do their jobs awesomely!

Love this thread!! Enjoying a good laugh and it's not really at others expense because its not done in their faces!!! I'm sure sometime in my life a stranger overheard me saying something stupid. If they chose to repeat it on a message board I really wouldn't care. Even I can laugh at myself!!

Now with that said, I haven't heard anything funny yet but I do get that a lot of people don't plan their Disney trip. Our 1st trip I researched a little but not enough. We stood in the hot sun for an hour to ride Dumbo!!! Thankfully the following vacations were nothing like that and we figured out FP, etc. :) I'm always happy to help others with questions and I always give my unused fast passes away to spread some pixie dust. Sometimes when we are leaving the park I pull FP for a major ride just to give them away.

Yesterday my DH heard someone say they should sell their FP tickets!!!! So not cool!

back in 1997, I took my first trip yo WDW with my DD, who was 5 at the time. I didn't know so much planning was involved. I saw a commercial on WDW and one day woke up and said "I wanna take my baby to WDW"! I had no clue whatsoever about it. we went to Epcot but didn't know about world showcase- missed that. they didn't have the value resorts so it was very expensive for me to stay onsite, so we stayed offsite. I had, what I thought was the best vacation ever. that is, until the next time I went and started reading and researching! now I can't go to WDW without doing a dissertation on it!!!

they didn't have the value resorts so it was very expensive for me to stay onsite, so we stayed offsite.

Actually, the value resorts have been around since '94. When I took my first trip in '93, the cheapest they had were the moderates, so I stayed at CBR. When I made my second trip in '95, the values were around, but I decided to do another moderate (POR).

My first trip was our honeymoon in 1997. We didn't do any planning, just decided to go and DH booked a package at CBR through some sort of program where he worked. We didn't have internet at home, no guidebooks or anything, never thought about it. He went to AAA and got directions. He had been there twice before as a kid, but his family is the biggest group of non-planners you'd ever meet.

We had one day in each of the parks (no AK at that time, although we saw the models for it at DtD or somewhere). Somehow after we arrived, he found out we needed a reservation to eat in the Castle, and he made that from the room phone. We had a great time, but we didn't realize how much we didn't know until we planned our second trip in 2004. That is when I found the Dis, Allears, etc.

We are leaving for WDW on Sunday morning. Today, our four-year-old son told our neighbor "We're going to Disney World & I'm going to ride CINDERELLA!" I haven't stopped laughing!

My funniest thing heard at Disney was on my Honeymoon in 1998...We were coming out of the Haunted Mansion and there was some folks walking behind us. I think they were looking at a park map and the wife says "Honey...lets go right over here to the Hall of Haunted Presidents. I'd like to see that!" My husband and I busted out laughing at that exact same time...

I haven't seen any evidence of hysterical laughter here. Amusement, certainly. I see nothing wrong in finding amusement in some of the situations that have been described here. Obviously a sense of humour is as variable and different amongst Disers as it is in the general population. :confused3

I remember a post from several years ago (and I doff my bonnet to the original poster, whose name now escapes me). He described being outside the general store, near the bus stop at POR. He sees a middle aged man suddenly run to the door of the store, yank open the door, and yell inside "Martha, come quick, you gotta hear this!" Intrigued, the poster unashamedly continues to eavesdrop. The man's wife, accompanied by several teenagers comes out of the door. "Martha, you ain't gonna believe this! This is only the hotel! This place is so big you gotta take a bus to get to the park. And the bus driver fella just told me they got 3 more parks too!!"

Now if that's not a lack of planning and research, I don't know what is.

I remember that post! I'm sure it ended with the man saying something like " we don't know what the hell we've got ourselves into here!" :lmao:

Claire :)

Two years ago, I was treated to my first-ever solo trip. SO much fun and this continues to bring fond memories of that time: I treated myself to a breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. It was beautiful and the food terrific. While I was enjoying the peace in that moment, a woman began to argue with a CM. She was shattering my moment, so I paid attention. The last thing I heard her say about the menu before I lost it was, "LOBSTER EGGS BENEDICT! Who in their right mind would want to eat Lobster EGGS?" To this day, just reading the GFC breakfast menu makes me chuckle. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

Too funny! I'm reminded of a dad and son giving each other the "no way" look when dad misread the menu item on the BOMA buffet line. They passed on the "roasted lion"; it was actually "roasted loin." We laughed all the back to the table. It still makes me chuckle.

i've enjoyed reading the stories and it brought back memories of my first trip with my mom in 96.

After waiting for about 30 minutes to ride Big Thunder mountain, walking through the queue line and watching the trains go by, we get on the ride and as it starts, the only thing I heard was my mom yelling....'you didn't tell me this was a rollie coaster!'. To this day, I'm trying to figure out what ride she thought she was getting on after waiting in line for 30 minutes.

The other was at Tower of Terror. This was back when they had the bar that came down and only 1 seatbelt seat, we were in the back row and as we started moving after the first drop she is yelling, 'you didn't tell me this was going to be scary'. Now she saw the ride, heard people screaming and knew the name was Tower of Terror.....I didn't think I needed to tell her that it might be a bit scary. I bought her a coffee cup for 'surviving'.

I learned after that to explain rides in full detail prior to her getting on them and to make sure she understands that a ride may be dark or scary and that she should just wait for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter