OMG...Lightening Fast Passports!

PurplePrincess4

Mouseketeer
I can not believe it! I received all four of my childrens passports after applying for them on August 17! That is almost exactly 3 WEEKS! :banana: I did not pay for expedited service either.
I was not even expecting to get them in time for the cruise! Just having the proof that I applied was OK for me in the event of an emergency. I applied for them out of Tinley Park, IL (CHICAGO) and they seemed to have come from an office in Colorado? At least that is what the return label says. Must be that kids do not need as much investigation?? I am feeling a sense of relief :yay: .

I applied on 8/23/2008 and I just got email notification that its been processed and mailed! And I was so worried (this is for a renewal)
My DS and DD (new passports) it it still processing.

Super fast!!!:cheer2:

I've got the OP beat. My wife mailed her basic (not expedited) application for a renewal on July 18th and received her new passport exactly ten (yes, I mean 10) days later.

But just to show how random things in the Passport area of the State Department are, I didn't get my similar renewal (which I mailed over a month earlier on June 15th) until late August (about nine weeks).:rolleyes:

That is so strange you would think it would go through the same processing plant .... We just thought they must have hired more people ... 10 days is super fast!

Thats great news! Both my daughter and I need new ones for November! Way to go State Department!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter