• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OMG! Imagineers!

thesoldtrain

Ready to go again!
Just have to share what was probably the most amazing Disney experience I have ever had....I am not sure where to post, so mods, if it isn't right here, sorry! I figure since this has somewhat to do with attractions, I would start here!

Mu hubby & I are teachers and are currently attending the CAG Conference (CA Assoc. for the Gifted). Yesterday, there was a 2 1/2 hr. presentation by none other than Marty Sklar, along with 9 other Disney Imagineers. They were all on a panel and each of them spoke with an overall theme of how education played a role in where they are today and how teachers influenced them. It was very inspiring!:worship: We got to see some amazing stuff, too, like pics of the new monorails (designed by Scot Drake) that we are going to get out here at Disneyland (not sure about WDW yet?) plus pics (and a song!) from the new Toy Story Mania ride. That presentation was just amazing and represented so much talent & experience all in one room (I told my hubby I was so overwhelmed I thought I was gonna pass out!).:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Anyway, had to share...I won't go into tons more detail here, but ask away if you have questions! Thanks for reading my little brag! :banana:

Haha, they said they could tell us stuff but then have to kill us! Actually, it was really nice because DCA out here is getting a new Carsland in 2012 and they went over some of the mock-ups of that land in detail :cool1: , plus the monorail pics I talked about. Mostly they spent time talking about the things they had been involved with & how multidisciplinary education was integral to their success. WAY cool!

That is just Awesome!!! Love to hear about up and coming things. So what is new with the Monorails?

I'm just sliding this one over to the Theme Parks community board.

Thanks!

Knox

The monorails out here are being replaced by a new model (Mark VII, I think?)l. They are very snazzy looking with beautiful paint colors. In the pics they showed of the inside, it showed a different seating arrangement so everyone looks out of the windows and new lighting features inside. I know one got delivered already, but isn't in service yet. Not sure if these are going to WDW yet? I am sure someone knows that info....anyone? They probably told us that info yesterday on the panel, but I was too busy salivating and hyperventilating :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter