OMG I'm packing and panic set in!

babywewe

Mouseketeer
I leave for WDW on Sunday! I can't beleive its come up soooo fast! I'v started packing and now i'm just packing everything in sight! Help! I'm a compulsive packer!

I just packed plastic bags and said to myself "self, you may need these plastic bags!"

You are going to pack a lot of stuff that you won't end up using ( and forget some stuff you'll need). Don't worry about it. As long as you stay organized you'll be fine. One tip I found out last trip. UNPACK everything into the drawers, cabinets, counters, etc;. It makes the trip so much more enjoyable not having to live out of a suitcase. It also makes all the extra stuff you pack seem a little less if you are not having to sift through it everytime you need something. Oh! but don't pack so much into the car that you won't have any room for all of your disney souvineers! ( I've even heard that people take an extra almost empty suitcase to get souvineers home when flying.)

Have a Great Trip!

babywewe said:
I just packed plastic bags and said to myself "self, you may need these plastic bags!"
Gosh, I pack baggies for every trip I go on and I don't consider myself compulsive at all! I seal up all liquids for both the departure and returning flights. If a liquid leaks into a baggie on the way down, I toss the messed up baggie and use a clean one for the return flight home (ever had a bottle of shampoo leak onto the contents of your suitcase - it's not pretty, and I can say that from personal experience). I just consider it a good packing habit.

Good luck with your packing and have a great trip!

:rotfl2: I have a plastic tub with everything we'll take with us except our clothes. the bad thing is I'll wait till the last min. and take a bunch of stuff we will never use! Not this trip!! :surfweb:

I usually lay all my summer clothes on my bed, look at my itinerary and choose two outfits for each day that are suitable for the days activities. I then make a toiletries list, and then read through it while saying to myself "do i really need to take that", which makes me cross a few things off my list. I then get packing!

gems_smiling said:
I usually lay all my summer clothes on my bed, look at my itinerary and choose two outfits for each day that are suitable for the days activities. I then make a toiletries list, and then read through it while saying to myself "do i really need to take that", which makes me cross a few things off my list. I then get packing!

wow if i pack two outfits a day i'd travel with 2 more bags! I have have double the shirts i need however...

I did that last year when I compulsively packed, oh, everything!! I'll tell you thought that it was a great learning tool and this year I know exactly what to take, those baggies for liquid in the suitcase as well as the bigger size ones to put your camera and no-get-wettables in for rides, (stowed in the backpack that we nicknamed "The Killer")... and if you have a stroller, bring a big lawn and leaf garbage bags to cover it up with in the rain. also, wipeys, you know, baby wipes. Invaluable, clean up spills on clothing and take the sticky sweatys away when waiting in lines, etc.

When I'm packing I always make a list of the amount of clothes that I need and then check it off once it goes in the bag (so I don't pack too much or forget anything!) I find it quite helpful. I have yet to forget something, well I do start packing for WDW a week in advance, (I get very excited for the trip makes me feel closer to it if I start packing) :thumbsup2 I think I started this routine when I was 11 on my Disney Cruise Trip. Works for me :) since I'm a very forgetful person regarding items I need.

OMG me too!!! Only this up coming week is going to be crazy, we leave next Sunday Afternoon!!! I work everyday up until we leave! Yikes!!!

I can't wait to start packing, but I can't until I get the kids to sleep on the night of the 8th. Otherwise they might ask where all their clothes are, and why there are suitcases piled in my room. :-)

OMG I leave on Friday night :cool1: & JUST started to pack a few things yesterday... normally I'd be 3/4 packed 30 days out but not this time... too many things going on between work & home for me to concentrate!

From one over-packer to another:

Pack half (yes, half!) of the clothes you think you'll need.

I wish I had done that last October - I did laundry mid-week and could easily have deleted half of the clothes I had brought. Because we were going to be there during a hurricane (Wilma), I brought a little of everything (long pants, shorts, capris, rain jacket) because I didn't know howthe hurricane would affect the weather. I kept throwing in "just in case" items. Didn't use two-thirds of what I brought. Live and learn!

But be sure to bring more than one pair of shoes (in case your main pair gets wet) and emergency rain ponchos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter