• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Key West

We are coming to WDW in Aug, and haven't booked our room yet. Would someone please explain the bathroom set-up of a 1 bedroom suite? Is it a shower and a seperate whirlpool tub. Is the bathroom area divided so that different people can be doing different things at the same time? We are 2 adults with our 2 daughters aged 21 and 22, we need lots of bathroom space lol!

Take a look at my post above with all of the photos of a 1 BR unit. The first two bathroom pictures show the tub and a sink area, which is separate from the toilet and shower are which has a sink, so I would think that would provide the privacy you are looking for.

We just scored a 1BR at OKW for Jan. 20-27, 2012! We've only stayed in studios before and looking forward to all the extra square footage! SO EXCITED! :goodvibes:cloud9:

We really enjoyed how much space it had and I know you will, too !!

Booked a studio for Jan 8th-13th and am so excited after seeing these pics. First time staying at OKW with my newly purchased DVC membership! :yay:

Booked a studio for Jan 8th-13th and am so excited after seeing these pics. First time staying at OKW with my newly purchased DVC membership! :yay:

We'll be there the same time as you! We arrive on the 7th and leave on the 12th to get on the Dream. I am so excited!

Hi all. We are hoping to stay at OKW next October and are looking at the studios. There will be 4 of us - 2 adults, 2 daughters (7 & 8 yrs).

My question is, is it really worth paying (quite a bit extra) for the 1br instead or will the studios be more than enough for us? We've only stayed in a studio at the Caribbean Beach previously. Thanks:)

My question is, is it really worth paying (quite a bit extra) for the 1br instead or will the studios be more than enough for us? We've only stayed in a studio at the Caribbean Beach previously. Thanks:)

The OKW studios have two beds, instead of a bed and a couch, if that makes a difference. Do you mean a room or a suite at the Caribbean Beach, or a studio at the Beach Club? The regular Caribbean Beach rooms are smaller than either studio, and the Beach Club studios are technically smaller than those at Old Key West, but the layout is so different that I don't know if the OKW ones actually feel that much bigger.

We had 2 double (I think?) beds, it was just a standard room.

I know the studios are more spacious but I kind of like the idea of a 1br but they are a lot more expensive (like $1600 more for 14 nights:eek:)

I know the studios are more spacious but I kind of like the idea of a 1br but they are a lot more expensive (like $1600 more for 14 nights:eek:)

Ouch. That's a big difference. Are you commando or more laid back? I'd much prefer the 1 BR but we're pretty laid back -- we do make rope drop, but always plan a break in the middle of the day and take days off, too. So having that extra space makes a real difference. If you just want a place to sleep in, not so much.

You might try posting to the DVC Mousecellaneous sub-board, I'm guessing you'd get more responses there. Good luck. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter