Old Key West Helps Direct Sales Rise Slightly in April 2024

I am highly annoyed that this all true. I am one of those that was really wanting to book CFW regularly and it sure looks like that won’t be easy at 7 months. The point chart is absurdly low, which guarantees a lot of interest in cabins that sleep 6.

Anyone have a silver lining on availability at CFW? Maybe more inventory declared is on the way? Maybe there is a track record with other new resorts wherein the early excitement subsides and booking options open up?
Maybe it is because inventory isn't declared yet, but we were able to book a cash reservation for the cabins for October 2025, and I thought cash reservations weren't available until after points reservations.

I too was actually surprised at the lack of availability when I was looking at it the other day. I just don’t quite understand what would draw someone to want to stay there, regardless of dues. The lack of amenities is killer.
We love CFW but it's definitely not because of dogs (I'd personally be happier if the cabins were dog-free). Instead, it because it is one of the more cost-effective options to sleep 6 and it has a full kitchen for my super-picky eater. We don't spend every day of our vacation at the parks, so the lack of amenities is made up for by the recreation activities...pony rides, campfire sing-along, archery lessons, viewing all the holiday decorations the RV-ers bring. But, dues are crazy high, so like Vero Beach (which we also love), we won't own there.

Last edited:
Maybe it is because inventory isn't declared yet, but we were able to book a cash reservation for the cabins for October 2025, and I thought cash reservations weren't available until after points reservations.
For new resorts the undeclared inventory has been available first for cash for 3 or 4 resorts in a row now. I’m not sure why the change.

Cash reservations of inventory already declared into the trust (or condominium association) are not allowed until 11 months, when points reservations can be made.

Cash reservations of inventory NOT already declared into the trust (or condominium association) are allowed whenever Disney wants, because they own those accommodations, not the DVC owners. So you’re right, the cabin you booked for October 2025 isn’t declared yet (and presumably still won’t be declared at the time of your stay).

facebook twitter