Old key west bathroom access in 1 bedroom

1andrea

DIS Veteran
Hello, I'm just trying to do some research on 1 bedroom villas at Old Key West. We've never stayed here before and I'm finding the bathroom access a little confusing! In a 1 bedroom Villa is the only access to the toilet through the master bedroom?

Thanks

Andrea x

Hello, I'm just trying to do some research on 1 bedroom villas at Old Key West. We've never stayed here before and I'm finding the bathroom access a little confusing! In a 1 bedroom Villa is the only access to the toilet through the master bedroom?

Thanks

Andrea x

Buildings 11-29 have only one access thru the master bedroom. Buildings 30-64 have additional access thru the laundry room.

The master bathroom has two areas - one has the jacuzzi and a sink and is separated from the bedroom by a louvered window and open doorway - the other has the shower, toilet and another sink. That area has a lockable door to the jacuzzi area and a second lockable door (bldgs 30-64) to the laundry room.

Buildings 11-29 have only one access thru the master bedroom. Buildings 30-64 have additional access thru the laundry room.

The master bathroom has two areas - one has the jacuzzi and a sink and is separated from the bedroom by a louvered window and open doorway - the other has the shower, toilet and another sink. That area has a lockable door to the jacuzzi area and a second lockable door (bldgs 30-64) to the laundry room.

Thanks so much, that's very helpful. It does seem strange that the only access for everyone is through the master bedroom in buildings 11 -29.

Are any if the hospitality house category have the bathroom access via the laundry too?

Thanks again x

Maybe looking at the floor plan will help.

onebedroomvillajgp.jpg

I think there is a door to the laundry available in buildings 30 - 64 only. The drawing from the MS website does not show the doorway into the laundry room.

Building 11 to 29 were the early phase of OKW buildings. And the units were likely designed with the intent that it would be mostly occupied by a "typical" family, with adult parents in the bedroom, and younger children on the sofa sleeper in the living room. where privacy wouldn't be a big issue. Much like the families that occupy their standard hotel rooms. Remember that OKW was the first DVC resort to be built.

I would say that Disney/DVC probably realized the error in that thinking quickly, and it is to their credit that they were able to make the design change in the later phases of construction.

That's great thanks! We were going to book the hospitality house category but I need to have a look at a resort map to see if any of the buildings in that area have the laundry door to the bathroom, which I think we will need. This stupid iPhone won't let me on the member services website : 0 (

Thanks x

That's great thanks! We were going to book the hospitality house category but I need to have a look at a resort map to see if any of the buildings in that area have the laundry door to the bathroom, which I think we will need.

No, the buildings in the Hospitality House booking category are 11-14 and 23-26.. All of those have the one access configuration.

No, the buildings in the Hospitality House booking category are 11-14 and 23-26.. All of those have the one access configuration.

Thank you! Thought I had it all planned with a one bedroom villa with a hospitality house location until I discovered the bathroom configuration difference. With probably opt out of a hositality house location but now I need to decide whether to try to opt for a specific building! X

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter