OKW vs. BWV 2 Bedroom

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
We have stayed in both a 1 & a 2 bedroom at
OKW. For our next trip we have a 2 br at
BWV. I am worried that since we will be at
the max occupancy that we will be packed!
Does anyone know the difference in square
footage between the 2? I am really wanting
to try and switch to OKW but my DH likes
being able to sprint right over to Epcot
and MGM.:D

I don't think you'll be uncomfortable but it is smaller. I don't know the actual sq. footage but that is a little deceiving. Everything at BWV is more compact. Think about all the space in the laundry room and the full size w/d vs. the stacked kind at BWV. The living/kitchen areas are also more compact. More of a galley kitchen than the wide open space at OKW. Give the new location a try. It's a lot of fun to mix things up. When you think it about OKW gives us excess space. Losing a little isn't that bad.

The one thing that concerns me about BWV is that you have 2 fold-out sofas. I really prefer the 2 queen beds you get in an OKW studio.

You'll really miss the extra space, especially in the living room/dining room/kitchen area. At BWV you get the couch, three chairs around the table and two for the counter vs the couch, love seat, chair and four table chairs at OKW. We had 7 in a 2BR at BWV and 7 at OKW and at BWV we felt like we kept bumping into each other.

From now on if we need more then a 1BR we'll go to OKW.

We've stayed at both, and yes the BW is smaller. The new VWL are the same size as BW...we will be staying there this summer. The main pool at BW is open 24 hours and we found ourselves in the pool quite late a night. Our unit was on the lagoon, and we sat out on the balcony and watched the fireworks, had that last cup of coffee, pop, etc.

I was disappointed in the kitchen, many of the items were missing...but as always housekeeping was super. Then there was the teenagers that threw toilet paper spitwads down the entire hallway, hit every door, wall, etc. Hmmmmmmmm

Here is a post from the old boards by Lora:

Lora
DIS Veteran

Re: OKW v. BWV - How much bigger?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just looking into this. Here's what I found:
OKW
Studio: 376 sq. ft.
1 BR: 1016 sq. ft.
2 BR: 1322 sq. ft.
3 BR: 2265 sq. ft.

BWV
Studio: 359 sq. ft.
1 BR: 712 sq. ft.
2 BR: 1071 sq. ft.
3 BR: 2142 sq. ft.

Lora

We're thinking about getting a 2 BR for us (2 adults) and friends (2 adults w/ 2 teens) for next May/June. How difficult is it to get a reservation for a 2BR?

We may not be able to plan this until this fall or winter.

We own at BWV, but would consider OKW or VWL as well as "home."

Thanks.

My one and only experience with getting a 2BR at BWV was that, at 7 months out, there were only TWO units available. This was for the August 19-22nd timeframe last year. I was surprised that there were only two 2BR units available in the entire resort for that late in the season. Of course, you'll never know until you make the call.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest