OKW - staying in 1 bedroom but upgrading to 2 for part of stay

poohs4me

DIS Veteran
My family and I will be staying for a week at OKW in January 2025 in a 1 Bedroom. I have friends that want to come over from the coast and stay at OKW in a studio room for the last night of the stay. Last time this happened, they were placed on the entire other side of the OKW complex from where we were located. My family does not want to move to a two bedroom for one night for logistical reasons. Has anyone successfully had a one bedroom reservation for 6 nights and a two bedroom reservation for the 7th night and yet been able to stay in the one bedroom which then became a two bedroom lock-off? If so how do you request this?

Seems difficult to fulfill since you’d need the adjoining room to be on the same schedule you. Add in you wouldn’t know your two bedroom room until check in day for that room and I’d think it nearly impossible.

You could always put in a request after booking the right categories, but this would be a tough one to fulfil. I think a better option would be booking rooms near the hospitality house and requesting the same building, just so know you won't be too far away.

I think the best way if you want them close to you is for you to stay in a 1BR. Have them check in early in the morning and ask for a studio nearest to your room and that they will wait as long as necessary for the room to be clean. Go do whatever you all want during the day. Heck if they need to change, they can do that at your room.

It will be tough to fill your request to be near each other for just one night. I hope it works out for you. The pronlem is, a resort doesn't work like a cruise ship where everyone arrives and leaves at the same time. It is like a jigsaw puzzle fitting everyone in. It is best to either book a two bedroom for the entire stay, nut barring that, you'll need to take what you can get. Remember that you can hop on any park bus to take you to other areas of the resort, which may work out for you, depending on where the rooms are and the order of the bus stops.

I booked Kidani a few years ago, in a one bedroom, for a week. My ONLY request was to be near a particular area, following recommendations on the AKL Owners thread. I booked right at 7 months. The room I got was completely the opposite, at the very end on the building. It felt like I walked just as much at the resort as I did at the parks. It's a lovely resort, loved the Savannah view, but I won't stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter