OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know the cost per point? Are the incentives only for buying into AKV or SSR? thanks

usuaully the incentives are just for the new properties....they have old contracts at OKW...you can get them direct through Disney...your guide would have to find one with your use year usually...or find one through resale.

not sure of the current price per point, however! Alot of people have added on here too I think so they can get that 11 mth window for booking the GV's!!!

We love OKW. Large rooms, palm trees, relaxing music, pina cooladas buy the pool, breakfast on the deck. Can't wait to go back "HOME"

Can we still add on at OKW????? I thought it was sold out.

Yes, and if you add-on direct from Disney, you will get the 2057 end date, so a nice 15 year extention over most of the contracts offered on the resale market.

Where are the basketabll courts located? Will "Hank" give you a b-ball...or is it a rental??

Thanks!

After reading a lot about OKW, I am super excited to go. Initially I was a bit underwhelmed--thought the rooms looked a little Golden Girls c.1984. Now I have seen the light and have realized what this resort is all about.

I have some questions and hope this is the right thread:

We have 2 small children, 2 and 4 and really liked being at the Poly last trip as we could easily be back for naps every day and not feel like nap meant eating up a huge chunk of the day. Is it reasonable to go back to
OKW for naps (using the buses), or does this just take too much time? I wouldn't imagine a car makes this any faster, by the time you factor in loading up baby gear, putting kids in car seats etc???

Do all 2 bedroom villas have a patio/porch?

What floor are 2 bedroom villas on, or does it depend on where you are on the property?

Is there a gift shop where you can buy incidentals that you may have forgotten at home?

I have heard that many people eat in more at OKW because of the size of the kitchens. For those who do, what do you cook? I know this is a weird question, but I don't love to cook while on vacation and don't love the idea of doing the same thing I do everyday at home. I do, however, appreciate the convenience and cost savings of in-room meals.

Are the grounds really as beautiful as they look. Are there lots of places to stroll around and go for walks? We'll be taking my parents who are very outdoorsy and love to wake up seemingly pre-dawn and go for walks. Will they be happy with what there is to see on the property?

Any recommendations for where to stay at OKW considering we have small kids?

Thanks for any input!! I certainly would have never considered OKW if it wasn't for the info on these boards. Now I can't wait.

Hi all. I've been lurking on this thread for a bit because I'm seriously thinking about doing my add on at OKW.

I just love the theming and the feel of the resort- should be a nice offset of busy BWV.

Hearing all the stories of how you all love it so much makes it more and more appealing. Thanks!

We love OKW! It is so peaceful and beautiful. When I called last week to reserve our units for an upcoming trip, the cast member recommended we request near Hospitality House. We don't want to, because when we drive back to our rooms we love the ride through the resort! It's more like we really are coming home to our vacation neighborhood! The view from behind there, on Peninsular (?) Road of the back of the hospitality area is beautiful.
Our home resort is SSR, but OKW is our 2nd favorite place to stay. (The decor of the rooms is what we like best about SSR, but the overall look of OKW is better to me than SSR.)
Lori

Our Points Are In Boardwalk And Sara. We Stay At Old Key West. Quiet, No Hubub!!! Going Back Home In October!

Yes, and if you add-on direct from Disney, you will get the 2057 end date, so a nice 15 year extention over most of the contracts offered on the resale market.

WOW really?? Didn't think about that. How much is it to add on per point at OKW? Thanks. I guess there are no incentives though????

WOW really?? Didn't think about that. How much is it to add on per point at OKW? Thanks. I guess there are no incentives though????

Not sure, but I think it is up to $101 a point now.

After reading a lot about OKW, I am super excited to go. Initially I was a bit underwhelmed--thought the rooms looked a little Golden Girls c.1984. Now I have seen the light and have realized what this resort is all about.

I have some questions and hope this is the right thread:

We have 2 small children, 2 and 4 and really liked being at the Poly last trip as we could easily be back for naps every day and not feel like nap meant eating up a huge chunk of the day. Is it reasonable to go back to
OKW for naps (using the buses), or does this just take too much time? I wouldn't imagine a car makes this any faster, by the time you factor in loading up baby gear, putting kids in car seats etc???

Do all 2 bedroom villas have a patio/porch?

What floor are 2 bedroom villas on, or does it depend on where you are on the property?

Is there a gift shop where you can buy incidentals that you may have forgotten at home?

I have heard that many people eat in more at OKW because of the size of the kitchens. For those who do, what do you cook? I know this is a weird question, but I don't love to cook while on vacation and don't love the idea of doing the same thing I do everyday at home. I do, however, appreciate the convenience and cost savings of in-room meals.

Are the grounds really as beautiful as they look. Are there lots of places to stroll around and go for walks? We'll be taking my parents who are very outdoorsy and love to wake up seemingly pre-dawn and go for walks. Will they be happy with what there is to see on the property?

Any recommendations for where to stay at OKW considering we have small kids?

Thanks for any input!! I certainly would have never considered OKW if it wasn't for the info on these boards. Now I can't wait.

I am one of those who like to cook at OKW (or should I say, love to save money)!! I make meals that are easy to put together and easy to warm up. This year we are going with 6 boys all 18yo for their HS graduation, my DD, boyfriend, DH and myself in the GV.

Example of meals:

Lasagna and garlic bread
Chicken fajitas and beef tacos
Sloppy Joes
Hamburgers and Brats

GGOOFY1: Thanks for the meal support. I do love to save a penny. Six 18 year old boys...God help you!!!! I'm sure it will be a riot and the memory of a lifetime. Have fun!

GGOOFY1: Thanks for the meal support. I do love to save a penny. Six 18 year old boys...God help you!!!! I'm sure it will be a riot and the memory of a lifetime. Have fun!

I forgot one more thing: Lots of cereal!!! Last summer there were 3 boys and in one week I went through 6 boxes of frosted flakes cereal!! I can't imagine how many boxes I will need this year. The original 3 have not stopped talking about the trip last summer, and now they are planning their days for this summer. They have made a Disney Mama so proud!!!

I forgot one more thing: Lots of cereal!!! Last summer there were 3 boys and in one week I went through 6 boxes of frosted flakes cereal!! I can't imagine how many boxes I will need this year. The original 3 have not stopped talking about the trip last summer, and now they are planning their days for this summer. They have made a Disney Mama so proud!!!

how do you get the food??? do you pack it and bring it with you??? or buy it when u get down there??
we are taking ME so if anyone has any ideas that would be great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

facebook twitter