OKW HH Room Request Advice

catherines_mama

DIS Veteran
We are headed down in about 8 weeks and I was thinking of where we should do our room request.

We are in a HH 2 Bdroom Dedicated Villa. I don't have an issue with parking. We'll have our car, but plan on parking it and not driving it again until it's time to go home. We're traveling with my older sister who moves slow sometimes might stay behind in the mornings or nights and I want to be close to pool or Good Food so she can easily walk there if she wants.

Which building should we request for easy walking in HH to those with her in mind?

We are headed down in about 8 weeks and I was thinking of where we should do our room request.

We are in a HH 2 Bdroom Dedicated Villa. I don't have an issue with parking. We'll have our car, but plan on parking it and not driving it again until it's time to go home. We're traveling with my older sister who moves slow sometimes might stay behind in the mornings or nights and I want to be close to pool or Good Food so she can easily walk there if she wants.

Which building should we request for easy walking in HH to those with her in mind?

If you have a HH reservation, you will be within 100 yards of the pool with any building so I'd just request a floor (ground floor or upper floor). Those buildings are all 1-3 stories and none have elevators. They are buildings 11-14, 23-26.

Enjoy!

Thanks, she has some learning disabilities. Is 100% independent and lives alone, has a job and takes care of herself. but i'll need to show her the walkway a few times for her to be comfortable with it.

I just want an easy access route. I was thinking in the 20s as they 'look' quiet. I'm not sure.

Is she comfortable walking across a street using a crosswalk? If so, yes, Bldgs. 23 to 26 would be a good choice. If she'd rather walk across a parking lot, then Bldgs. 11 to 14 would be the best option.

We have been in building 14 and there was a lot of bus noise. Also, we were ground floor and had a ton of noise above us...the villas now have all hard wood flooring (fake hard wood) and I think the lack of carpet makes it not absorb noise as well. I'd request top floor next time we're there. Here is a map of the resort.

We love the HH location and are usually booked into the buildings 11-14. Happily, we've had no real issues with bus noise.

I would cast another vote for an upper floor. Just remember there are no elevators. Most of the time we've been booked into a 2nd floor unit.

It sounds like there is no ideal solution to address your situation. To minimize any confusion for your sister a ground floor villa would be ideal. But, as others have correctly stated, a top floor will help minimize some noise issues. Even before the replacement of carpeting with the laminate flooring noise was an issue from above, depending upon the behavior/schedule of the guests staying above you. We've been fortunate (knock on wood) and not had many issues with noisy neighbors above us when we've stayed on the first floor. Since the installation of the laminate flooring noise has become more of an issue coming from the guests staying adjacent to our villa, no matter what floor we've have stayed.

Thank you all! Day 59 - just finished On-line check-in.

Requested 2nd Floor - Fairway View - Hoping that will put us in Bldg 11 - 13. There were no free-form areas to request anything else. Fingers crossed. We're checking in at 8AM and heading to EPCOT so don't need the room ready until later, I can always smile sweet and see if that helps upon arrival LOL

Thanks for your help - and the map - HUGE help!

Hope you don't get building 23. We were right next to the bridge and it was very noisy from traffic, making the balcony not that much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter