• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW has ruined everything!!!

MagikMom

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,
Bet you thought this was going to be a bad review. Well it's not!
OKW did ruin everything though. Now that I've stayed there, I don't want to stay anywhere else again!:love: LOVED IT!!!
We stayed our first 3 nights at Pop Century. We usually stay at a value resort first to save on weekend points. We decided NO MORE value resorts!!! The rooms were okay, the pool was nice but the food court was a zoo! :crowded: Worse than All Stars. We decided next year we will pay a bit more and stay at a moderate for the first weekend and then stay the rest of the time at OKW, this time, in a 2 bedroom! We stayed in a 1 bedroom at OKW in bldg 23 on the first floor. I couldn't believe how BIG it was!!! It really is true! I also love the fact that even though we were on the first floor, we still had a balcony instead of a patio. My DD and I had the bedroom with the giant king sized bed and my DH and DS slept on the sleep sofa bed. I did some points figuring and next year we can do 2 nights at a mod resort to save on weekend points and we can get a 2 Bdr at OKW for 10 nights!! We need the 2 bedroom because DD wants to bring a friend along for a week.
I know that the "slogan" is DVC "the best kept secret" but I think that the it should be "OKW, the best kept secret!!!:ssst: Shhhh, don't tell anyone!:rolleyes1

Thanks for the great review. OKW seems to be getting a bad rap these days. We're staying there for the first time in october and even though I wanted to keep our SSR ressies I am now very excited. We're counting off the days. :banana:

We own at OKW and feel the same as you, all the resorts are nice but the size of OKW is hard to get pass. Most of the time it's just my wife and myself and we started staying at BW with a one bed room with BW view. You should try that sometime the view overlooking the lake is wonderful. But for large groups OKW is the very best.

Thanks for the great review. OKW seems to be getting a bad rap these days.

well when you were spoiled before and believe me OKW use to spoil members.

It is hard to treated like everyone else.....:rotfl:

I just wish they would make up their minds for the rooms - are they going to pre assign them - or wait until you arrive.

I really wish they would until you arrive. I HATE to wait for a room.

last time at OKW I got there at 6:30am - it was 4:30pm before I got a room and if the supervisor had his way it would have been 8pm that night - when the carpet dried out.

We love OKW, I don't own it but we love staying there. The rooms, the atmosphere, the CM's are all great.

We got lucky. Our room was actually ready at 11:00am. We were lucky at Pop Century too. We checked in at 10:30am. That NEVER happens!

Thanx for the report!
You know, I really want to try OKW. My wife and I drive through and look every trip.
The problem... I can't peel myself away from VWL.. and now AKV!!

What a dilema... :smokin:

MG

Hi everyone,
Bet you thought this was going to be a bad review. Well it's not!
OKW did ruin everything though. Now that I've stayed there, I don't want to stay anywhere else again!:love: LOVED IT!!!
We stayed our first 3 nights at Pop Century. We usually stay at a value resort first to save on weekend points. We decided NO MORE value resorts!!! The rooms were okay, the pool was nice but the food court was a zoo! :crowded: Worse than All Stars. We decided next year we will pay a bit more and stay at a moderate for the first weekend and then stay the rest of the time at OKW, this time, in a 2 bedroom! We stayed in a 1 bedroom at OKW in bldg 23 on the first floor. I couldn't believe how BIG it was!!! It really is true! I also love the fact that even though we were on the first floor, we still had a balcony instead of a patio. My DD and I had the bedroom with the giant king sized bed and my DH and DS slept on the sleep sofa bed. I did some points figuring and next year we can do 2 nights at a mod resort to save on weekend points and we can get a 2 Bdr at OKW for 10 nights!! We need the 2 bedroom because DD wants to bring a friend along for a week.
I know that the "slogan" is DVC "the best kept secret" but I think that the it should be "OKW, the best kept secret!!!:ssst: Shhhh, don't tell anyone!:rolleyes1

Have you ever thought to buy a 50 - 60 point add on so you can stay at the place you love the most all the time? You wont have to move in the middle of your vacation. Put the money that you were going to spend at the moderates for the weekend toward that add on.:)

Sssshhh! Stop telling people about the REAL "Secret"! We don't want everyone to start rushing on over!

We actually don't own OKW, but it is the only one we really love staying at!

Stayed there for the first time this past January and am in the process of
booking a trip to stay there again. :woohoo:

Have you ever thought to buy a 50 - 60 point add on so you can stay at the place you love the most all the time? You wont have to move in the middle of your vacation. Put the money that you were going to spend at the moderates for the weekend toward that add on.:)
Don't tempt me!!

Glad you liked OKW. We love it too. We just got back from a week in a 2BR at OKW. It was great as usual. I know there have been some bad reviews of OKW lately, but we had no issues at all. Our room was ready at 2:00, the room was very clean with no problems, and we had a towel peacock sitting on the little shelf in the entry hall greeting us when we walked into the room.

We had friends staying with us and it was great having all that space to spread out and space for the kids to play.

Can one of the mods delete this thread before everyone finds out:goodvibes how great OKW is?

I had read some issues regarding cleanliness at OKW before we left. I was purposely "on the lookout" for any signs of uncleanliness. I was very happy with our 1 Bedroom. It was spotless, even under the toaster (we looked) and the only thing I could find at all was a tiny patch of mold way up in the corner of the ceiling in the shower. I would have never noticed it if I hadn't been specifically looking for it. Other than that, it was extremely clean.

We've owned at Old Key West since 1992--didn't exactly have a choice of which resort to buy into!!--and have stayed there 50+ times. We've tried all of the other DVC resorts, which certainly each have their good points, but we keep coming back to old Key West.
John

Can one of the mods delete this thread before everyone finds out how great OKW is?

Yes, please! We don't want word getting out!

Family members own at BCV and only stay at OKW!! We've stayed at OKW the last 2 years so we're looking forward to a change. But it is one of my top 2 favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter