OKW Excursions

Skallywag

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me an idea regarding short excursions. Would rather like to go to Hemmingway house if open in October and also have heard about the secret garden but cannot find anything about it. Does anyone know where it is situated please and would we have time to do both. Not sure how long we get in port as times seem to change.

Your question doesn't really haved much to do with either cruising or OKW. You may have better luck with this question on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions Forum.

Sorry but I thought it did as we dock at Old Key West and am unsure how long for as it seems to change with the seasons. Wish to visit Hemmingway house and have read on the board about the garden.

Hi Brenda..I think Lew is confused.

You will have plenty of time to see the hemingway house when you dock.
The easiest thing to do is rent one of those little golf carts. There rental stations on almost everystreet corner, very near the dock. They will give you a map, answer all your questions, give you a number to call if you need anything. The rental attendants can tell you how to get to where you need to go and you will have a blast.

We found this to be the best way to get around key west and to see everything we wanted to.

You're right Skallywag, Key West is one of the ports and the place that Ernest Hemingway called home. I also thought :confused3 when I saw the subject line since OKW is synonymous with the Old Key West Resort at WDW.

Hopefully someone will have information for you. Shirley at the Perfect Gift is an excellent resource for Key West info. :)

webray said:
I think Lew is confused.

You're right...I am confused. :confused3

I saw OKW in the original post and assumed incorrectly that it was a reference to OKW at WDW. Sorry....

Skallywag... although I haven't visited Key West by way of a cruise, I've been there a few times for vacations. Never did a tour of the Hemingway house though. Key West has so much character and charm! There's plenty to do along Duvall Street with the shops, Mallory Square which is right where the ships dock and has street performers, restaurants, etc. There's also an aquarium that's small but fun and the kids get to touch some of the animals. I'm not trying to talk you in or out of an excursion but just reassuring you that there's plenty to see and do.

We visited Key West a few years back and did the trolley ride which we like to do as it gives you an idea of the history etc and was fun.

Just thought it would be nice to have a walk and see the Hemmingway house and cats and know that a member of the group mentioned the Secret Garden.
Just dont know how much time you have as the time seem to differ throughout the year. At present it is saying 7.p.m. for October but have seen other times mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter