OKW and being able to park scooter in room

wendylovesdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi! A DVC member “gifted” us a room. So on top of being new to what that means for us (I’ve never done anything with DVC) I am just reading that some of the rooms are difficult to get into with a scooter due to no elevators! I had no idea! Is it really difficult to to get a first floor room? Should ANY first floor room be ok to get into with a scooter? If I call Disney will they accommodate me, or even talk to me since although the reservation is in my name, I’m not the DVC member?

I think the only DVC resort of concern is OKW, where only 3 of the buildings at that resort do have elevators. To my knowledge, any other DVC resorts have elevators.

It sounds like you already have a reservation? It is true that only the DVC owner can call about any changes or requests related to the reservation. However, feel free to ask here as someone probably can help.

Contact the member who gifted you the room. Ask them to call Member Services and have a note placed on your reservation that you will have a scooter and need a first floor room or a room in buildings 62, 63 or 64 (elevators). If you don't need a handicap room, say so or that's likely what you'll get.

OKW is very used to dealing with this situation, but they can't if they don't know about it.

Steve

So sorry! I just realized your thread title included OKW! I thought you were asking about which DVC resorts to book.

We are DVC members at OKW since 1993.
What type of room were you gifted?
OKW rooms are the largest of any of the DVC resorts and as long as you have first floor, you won‘t have difficulty getting into the room or finding a place to park the ECV inside the room.
The individual buildings are small and have parking lots in front of or very close to each building.

As was already mentioned, the member who made the reservation will need to add requests for you. Make sure they mention it is a medical need because of using an ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter