OKW - 2 br "dedicated" or 2 br "studio lockoff" -you tell me what's best for fam

You choose: OKW 2br "dedicated" or 2br "studio lock off" -- for family

• 2 Bedroom - dedicated. (i.e. no separate outside entrance and only ONE balcony)

• 2 Bedroom - studio lockoff (separate balcony and separate entrance)

• Either way it doesn't really matter

• Just live on the edge and let them choose for you! (OKW)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ken the Retired Cop

Earning My Ears
Please tell me what you'd choose and why. We are a family - parents, and our daughter and her family with her two small boys staying at OKW in September. We are renting a 2br from a DVC member and are trying to decide whether or not to go with a dedicated 2br or a studio lockoff 2 br.

Please post and please elaborate! Thanks.

Based on your description of your family (daughter with her own children) I would go with a lock-off. That way they can come and go as they please without entering through the main house where someone might be on the sofa. If it were just you and small children, definitely a dedicated home so no little person could slip out unseen. Just my opinion. Have a great time with whatever you choose. OKW is wonderful.:earsgirl: :wave:

I definitely agree with Gail. Your family situation makes a 2 bedroom lockoff perfect. Not only do you have the extra entry door from the outside, but you also have an extra microwave and a small refrigerator in the studio part of the lockoff. Your daughter and her family could keep some refreshments in there for the children etc. We always get a lockoff when we go with our grown children and it works wonderfully. You will love OKW. Have a great time!!

I agree w/ Gail. from the decription of your family I'd go with the lock out too. Not because you HAVE to use it that way but because you COULD use it that way and it may end up being important to your daughters family even if it's not to you.

Cheryl

I agree with everyone else. We recently returned from VWL, we had a 2 bdrm lockoff. We shared it with my DD and her 2 DD's. It worked out great for us. Which ever you get have a great time!!

I would get your request in ASAP, lockoffs are harder to get than dedicated because many of them have been booked separately as 1 bedrooms & studios. OKW has no dedicated 1 bedrooms or studios.

I voted for the 2 BR dedicated only because I fear that my DD's could get out of the extra entrance/exit door. They are young (10,5,3) and I would be more relaxed knowing there is only one way in and one way out.

If my sister and her DH and DS come with us then I would opt for the lock off unit.

For now, with the5 of us, I request DEDICATED and that is a priority to us.

YOu don't say what the sleeping arangements are, if you are in the main bedroom and all your daughters family are all in the other bedroom, then IMHO it doesn't really matter much but it may be an advantage to have just one entrance as it's easier to keep an eye on the small kids. If the kids are on the sofa bed, if your DD and hubby want some privacy, then the lock off would probably be the better choice, as they could go out for the evening and not worry about waking the kids up on their return.

I voted for lock-off. It'll give both families a little more privacy, and there are times you may want a little "quiet" time away from the kids (and vice-versa).

This may be a dumb question. But some people have mentioned privacy. There is a an actual door in between the 2nd bdrm and the living room isn't there? It just doesn't lock right?

Also another question, is OKW set up like BWV. Do lock-offs have a sofa and a bed and dedicateds have 2 queen beds. This may be something to consider if that is the case.

Terry, there <i>is</i> a door (actually two) to allow the occupants to enter the living room from the 2nd bedroom.

And, "no," all studios and "2nd bedrooms" at OKW have 2 beds - no sleeper sofas.

Tery the privacy aspect is that you can enter the "lock off studio" part without going through the livingroom of the "one bedroom" part. This allows those staying in the second bedroom to access the unit without the risk of noise waking those either sleeping on the sofa bed or in the main bedroom.

We just got back tonight(2-20) and had a 2BR lock-off at OKW (Bldg 14). The advantage of the lock-off is the separate entrance and patio. Also, we had my in-laws with us, they don't like the air condition as cool as we do, so this way they controlled there own temperature on the studio side.You also have the better privacy with the lock-off.Also the mini-kitchen came in handy for the in-laws.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter