OKE question/food shopping

Disneydreamer5

DIS Veteran
We just an excellent quote to stay at OKW in July. We will be flying in from NJ so we will not have a car. We are trying to find somewhere to get some food shopping done once we arrive. We plan to spend more time relaxing @ the resort this time around so we will be eating most meals in our room.
I have seen a few much the prices are insane! I am not paying $7 dollars for a case of water. With that said I was just curious if any of my dis experts have any insight to places we could bus too or taxi in for reasonable food shopping.
My other question is; for those of you who have staying at OKW, we have a choice of a 2 bedroom villa or the newer Tree houses. Which would you choose for a family of 8? All adults.

The Tree Houses are at SSR, not OKW, and they are a separate booking category.

We used WeGoShop in August and loved it. I think Garden Grocer is very expensive per item, whereas WeGoShop allows you to choose which store you want them to shop. We looked at the weekly ad and chose specials, buy 1/get 1 items, and specific items listed in the ad. There is a delivery charge tacked on to the bill, but that will surely be less than the cost of a taxi.

Been OKW DVCers for a long, long time. If we didn't have our own car, we've done the taxi thing, which was worthwhile. We've also had our groceries delivered, which was a bit more expensive, but great because all of our shopping was done online beforehand. And within an hour or two of check-in, the service showed up with our order. Even helped unpack the bags and put groceries away. The time saved was definitely worth the additional cost.

It's been awhile since we've stayed at OKW. I believe there's still a Winn-dixie nearby on S. Apopka-Vineland Rd in Lake Buena Vista.

HTH!

We found that even though Garden Grocer can be more expensive in the long run it was worth it to us. Cheaper than renting a car for the week and a Taxi can also be expensive. The time it takes away from our trip makes a difference to us. If you are staying a full week then groceries can add up anyway. If you order $200 or more in groceries delivery is free. We are a family of 5. DH, myself, DS23, DS25, DD17 and sometimes a friend or 2. Shop smart. When you are ordering online you are planning your meals accordingly. I like to cook alot in a crock pot. This I find especially helpful while at disney. Breakfast is usually easy inexpensive foods and lunches are sandwiches. Sometimes brought to the park or in our room when we go back there for a swim in the afternoon heat. Good thing to plan on if going in the spring and summer months. OKW does have a few grills available. We also have friends who rent a car for just 1 day so that they can go out and do groceries. I believe there is an Enterprise on the disney property. OKW and SSR are 2 dufferent resorts with very different vibes. So if you opt for the Tree House it is definatley not the Key West feel of OKW. Good luck and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter