Okay onsite pros...need some advice!

Camno's Mama

DIS Veteran
So, after staying offsite for the last five years...we are hoping to try staying onsite. I have been all over the place throughout the last two weeks...looking at villas, looking at camping at FW, looking into other destinations :-)eek: )...my husband is probably ready to kill me!

We looked at all of the values, and we think that ASMovies is the best fit for the fam. So, here are my questions:

1. When should we book?
2. I know that we have to put down a deposit, but that is refundable as long as we cancel within three weeks before, right?
3. Parking at the theme parks is free if we are resort guest, right?
4. What rooms should we request?
5. If I end up finding a code, will they honor it?

Thanks!

I can't answer all of your questions because I'm a DVC member and just book through them using my points, but heres what I can answer:

1) book as soon as possible and
3) if you are staying at a WDW resort and have your own car they will give you a paper for your dash/windshield that will show the dates of your stay. All you need to do is show this to the parking attendants at each park and you get to park for free

1. When should we book? As soon as possible
2. I know that we have to put down a deposit, but that is refundable as long as we cancel within three weeks before, right? You put a $200 deposit down to book the room and it's fully refundable up until 45 days of your arrival. This is also when the remainder of your payment is due
3. Parking at the theme parks is free if we are resort guest, right?Yes, parking to theme parks is free if you are a resort guest

Just be sure that you know the cancellation policy of what you book. If you book a package (lodging, tickets, dining) the cancellation policy is (or at least it has been) more strict than a room-only reservation.

If you find a code that will work for you, you can have it applied to your reservation as long as there are rooms still available to book at that rate. So, make sure you call ASAP if you're trying to apply a code.

So, after staying offsite for the last five years...we are hoping to try staying onsite. I have been all over the place throughout the last two weeks...looking at villas, looking at camping at FW, looking into other destinations :-)eek: )...my husband is probably ready to kill me!

We looked at all of the values, and we think that ASMovies is the best fit for the fam. So, here are my questions:

1. When should we book?
2. I know that we have to put down a deposit, but that is refundable as long as we cancel within three weeks before, right?
3. Parking at the theme parks is free if we are resort guest, right?

Thanks!

1) as soon as possible
2) as long as you cancel within their guidelines your deposit is refundable.
3) they will give you a piece of paper to put on your dash.
4) do you want to be near a pool? If so then you will need to request preferred. We stayed at movies on our first trip and requested Andy's room---when you look down from the balcony you see Woody and the blocks. My kids loved this area.
5) yes, if there is code and it is for your time. We got a code once and they only had preferred left--took that but noted on the reservation what area we wanted.

Thanks!

4. It depends on your families preferences. Some people like to be near the pools/food - but those rooms can have heavier traffic and be louder. That said, if you are looking for a quieter room, it will be further - so it's definately your pick!

5. Codes - yes, most likely, as long as the code matches up with your reservation, you should be able to take advantage of that discount!

Key is to book as soon as you know you want to go - best to hold onto your room rather than lose out on it!

Is the 101 Dalmation building in a good location? (I guess that's subjective, but is it close to stuff or kind of far away?)

The kids love, love, love that movie.

Is the 101 Dalmation building in a good location? (I guess that's subjective, but is it close to stuff or kind of far away?)

The kids love, love, love that movie.

We stayed there one night and did not like it--not because of location but because of the actual location of the room--we were on the first floor and everyone walked past our room on the walkway so it was very loud. If we would have been higher it would not have been bad. My kids loved playing in the tv set.

We stayed on the third floor in the Woody area and also at POP and loved it. Firsr floor it me is just to noisy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter