OK, this is getting ridiculous **New update post #45

I am with the OP. I get up every day at 5 am to try and book. I am so frustrated! Each day it's the same. 6 of 7 nights available. I cannot get the first day. I need a 2 br or 2 studios. I just need beds! I booked last summer after the 7 month mark for a week in a pool view studio. I was so naive this year thinking it would be easier with the opening of the new rooms. I hope my two wait lists come through.

OP, I've always been able to book since 2005 BWV standards ( about 5 to 9 rooms all standard) 11 months out by calling at 9 am before the on-line thing happened. Last year 2011 I had no problem either ( 7 standards studios and a standard 2 bed) always for Columbus week. This year I was a little scared I wouldn't get what I needed with this on-line booking. I decided to walk all my ressies 4 days before my vacation started. I booked 3 st studios and a st 2bed at BWV. Couple days later I made changes, the first CM I got tried to tell me I had to cancel and rebook. I said no I don't and said I'd call back. I called back 5/10 minutes later and the CM I got this time said no problem and made my changes. I made 3 more calls that week and all the CM's I had said no problem and made my changes. I now have all my rooms for the dates I needed. Good thing because I check every morning on line for the starting day OCT 12 when it came and nothing available. :cool1:
If I waited till NOV 12 I might have picked up 1 room but never got the rest.

But there are a couple of differences here. One, the OP is dealing with the 7-mo window, not the 11-mo. But more importantly, the OP can't walk the reservation if the first day of the window is never availablle. As a PP said, you can waitlist that first night, but you can't reserve the rest of the week, even if it's available, if you don't have that first night. Then the same thing happens the next day.

So sorry for you, OP, I wish I had a suggestion. :grouphug:

well you guys have me worried (I want any studio starting 7/4 or 7/5, preferring the 4th) - I started checking after seeing this thread and saw what you all were seeing - 1st day never available.

So when I logged on this morning at 9am and checked and there was an OV studio available 6/23-6/30, I booked it - now I have to figure out how to "walk" it to get to the dates I actually need!

Walking may not work at the 7 month window. There is always the possibility that someone with home resort privileges could have already booked the accommodations you want before the 7 months window for those dates opens.

HOORAY! I got my foot in the door today! Looks like the 10th time was the charm. :hyper:

I was able to reserve June 23-30 in a 1 BR ocean view. But it was not without a couple tense moments. I almost cried when I was halfway through completing the reservation, and suddenly the screen switched back to the DVC member home page. :confused3 Very weird! Luckily when I quickly started over (in a panic), my scenario was still there and I was able to finish the booking.

So now I have something to work with. I'm going to keep my eye on things and maybe "walk mine back" a few days if that becomes available. I'd also rather have a cheaper view if that becomes possible. My goal is 8 nights if I have to stay with ocean view or 9 nights if I can get a cheaper view.

But I'm very excited that I actually have something after trying so hard!!!

For my fellow 7-month Aulani wanna-bes, hang in there! I'm rooting for you guys! By the way, thank you so much to all of you for your encouragement!

I am with the OP. I get up every day at 5 am to try and book. I am so frustrated! Each day it's the same. 6 of 7 nights available. I cannot get the first day. I need a 2 br or 2 studios. I just need beds! I booked last summer after the 7 month mark for a week in a pool view studio. I was so naive this year thinking it would be easier with the opening of the new rooms. I hope my two wait lists come through.
Andriade, you have my complete sympathy - and then some! It was bad enough having to be at my computer every day a little before 8:00, which wasn't always easy when I was already at work but doing other things. But I can't imagine having to get up at 5:00 every day to try and book something, only to be frustrated day after day. :badpc: I'm rooting for you! Please keep me/us posted on what happens!

Another variable that is coming into play is Aulani's change in point seasons that occurs in the latter half of June. May 6 to June 23, 2013 is part of the Choice season. June 24, 2013, is the start of the Magic season. For a 7 night stay, an Ocean View one-bedroom villa's cost jumps from 350 points to 406 points from the Choice season to the Magic season.

I suspect a lot of members are trying to squeeze into the cheaper Choice season to save points. This past June, my sister booked a one-bedroom for June 15-21, 2012, right when the 7 month window opened. She was told by MS that she was getting the last Ocean View one-bedroom available at that time.

Combine the change in point seasons with the fact that school terms are ending in late May and early June, as well as the start of the summer vacation season, and the result should be heavy demand for Aulani in early to mid June.

Another variable that is coming into play is Aulani's change in point seasons that occurs in the latter half of June. May 6 to June 23, 2013 is part of the Choice season. June 24, 2013, is the start of the Magic season. For a 7 night stay, an Ocean View one-bedroom villa's cost jumps from 350 points to 406 points from the Choice season to the Magic season.

I suspect a lot of members are trying to squeeze into the cheaper Choice season to save points. This past June, my sister booked a one-bedroom for June 15-21, 2012, right when the 7 month window opened. She was told by MS that she was getting the last Ocean View one-bedroom available at that time.

Combine the change in point seasons with the fact that school terms are ending in late May and early June, as well as the start of the summer vacation season, and the result should be heavy demand for Aulani in early to mid June.
I think you're absolutely right. That's certainly why I was trying for June 14-23, and I was obviously not the only one. I was consoling myself that I'd at least be able to get something when the seasons changed on June 24 or later, but I was starting to wonder about that too when I was experiencing such ridiculous difficulty already. For me, the difference in seasons will probably mean the difference between 8 nights there vs. 9 nights there. Oh well, 8 nights there is still a big treat! :beach:

Congratulations Travelbug. I am so happy for you!!! Perhaps there is hope for those who will be reserving during the Magic Season. We will see...

Congrats, Travelbug! I'm so glad you finally got something, and now you can keep checking or waitlisting to get closer to your first choice of dates. (I'm a fan of waitlisting just one day, as it improves your chances, and then if/when you get it, waitlist the previous day.)

Good luck!

Meghan

Regarding Aulani, I think the lack of rooms sold to DVC Members is contributing to the lack of inventory. I tried to get a studio or one bedroom in February and everything is sold out but from Disney website, had no trouble booking studio for same cost as hotel room at Aulani. The problem is, I don't want to spend the $$ when I have points.

Regarding Aulani, I think the lack of rooms sold to DVC Members is contributing to the lack of inventory. I tried to get a studio or one bedroom in February and everything is sold out but from Disney website, had no trouble booking studio for same cost as hotel room at Aulani. The problem is, I don't want to spend the $$ when I have points.

If you own at Aulani, you need to book before 7 months, when everything is equal. You can only book what is available for points and that is the same as the sold inventory. That's why most of the more seasoned members tell the newer members to buy where they want to stay the most.

OP glad you got in. I had a thread too for Aulani. I rented from an Aulani member for his 11 month window. I was wanting June 8 th. at the 7 th month window each day it was not available. Only one day was available for that week. Glad I rented. D

Ugh, just read thru these 4 pages as we were hoping to book Aulani from 7/15-8/5 for our honeymoon. After reading this chances look to be slim & none of that happening though. I guess we'll just have to hope we get lucky enough to at least get some of it (hopefully all). Any advice is much appreciated!

Hallelujah! I was able to book June 23-25. Two whole days. Now I am wait listed before and after 5 days. I will keep checking so I can hopefully get 7 consecutive days! Finally I have something! Good luck to everyone else still trying!

You could always call up and use the waitlist. Waitlisting has NEVER failed me....

You could always call up and use the waitlist. Waitlisting has NEVER failed me....

I'm glad for you, but unless you've had a full week at high season come through at Aulani or VGC, I think you might be giving people in this thread false hopes. A day here and there is one thing, but there are plenty of unfulfilled waitlist hopes out there.

Hallelujah! I was able to book June 23-25. Two whole days. Now I am wait listed before and after 5 days. I will keep checking so I can hopefully get 7 consecutive days! Finally I have something! Good luck to everyone else still trying!
Hooray! You have your foot in the door! Crossing my fingers that one of your waitlists comes through -- sooner rather than later. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter