ok tell me how the timeshares sales

luvmyfam444

DIS Veteran
pitches work - how long are they & what do I do about the kiddos? and how do I make sure I get free tickets? :confused3

And can I listen to more than 1 for more tickets?

And is there a money thing - aminimum you have to make to talk to them? I know the ones that called her for the beach required you to make like 60k or more...

I'm sure they are all different and offer different things. We did one at the Sheraton vistana Villages right near WDW. We got 4 or 5 nights for $200, plus tickets to universal. They offered discounts to other things as well. For this one, we didn't actually listen to their offer. They gave us the deal just so we could experience the resort and pass on our experience to others. It was a really nice place, btw. We would have gotten more thrown at us if we had listened, but we knew we didn't want to buy anything. There was a minimum annual salary. I think it may have been $50k or so, but I'm not sure about that.

We've sat through others and they have lasted at least an hour, but had childcare for the kids. At the end of the tour and such, you get your stuff.

This isn't a bad way to go, it's basically like you are getting paid for your time. However, we decided we would never do it again unless we didn't have to listen to them ramble about their place.

thanks for the info -

how do you find the timeshares to listen to?

I know years ago (6 or so) the hotel we stayed in had people there trying to sign you up - but that was off property - where do you find them if you're on property?

And we don't make $50k so we need to find one for poor people! :laughing:

thanks for the info -

I know years ago (6 or so) the hotel we stayed in had people there trying to sign you up - but that was off property - where do you find them if you're on property?

you don't have to tell them that.

I may be out of line, but it wouldn't be the first time, but is a Disney trip really worth all that you are willing to give up for it? So far, you have discussed selling belongings and sitting through a time share pitch. Personally, I'd put the whole thing on hold.

thanks for the info -

We get calls for them all the time. Mostly we just say to take us off the calling list, but that one from Sheraton was too good to pass up. It was a promotional thing. My DH travels a lot with business and stays in all sorts of hotels. I guess we just get on their lists because of it. There is a hilton in Orlando that has been calling us. I don't know the details of it, but you can check out this website:
http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/vacation-package-specials.php?AID=10526220&PID=1963432

As for getting deals on Disney property...not gonna happen unless you get an AAA or AP rate. You can do the vacation club tour, but don't expect to get anything for it.

Good luck. I agree, a trip to Disney is worth a little effort. Just make sure you get what you want. There is a point when it may just be better to camp locally and save your pennies for that ultimate trip when vacation days come around again!:goodvibes

We're staying at a timeshare during November and we can go to a sales pitch if we want to - which we won't. If you go to skyauction.com you can bid on timeshares. If you win a bid, you'll get invited to attend their sales pitch. IMO they're not worth the lost time, but I know people who go all the time. I also know people who have been talked into buying timeshares and regretted it afterwards! :lmao:

I may be out of line, but it wouldn't be the first time, but is a Disney trip really worth all that you are willing to give up for it? So far, you have discussed selling belongings and sitting through a time share pitch. Personally, I'd put the whole thing on hold.

I don't think that's out of line, Jim - I think it's good advice. We're also in the "poor" category and have to plan and save way ahead of time to be able to "do Disney". It's worth the wait - and the anticipation can be fun if you can get the whole fam in on it. Start planning now for later, put a certain amt of $ away every week, get a coin jar going (my DH and I put all the change in our pockets into a jar at the end of every day and average about $30-$35 a month that we never miss) build up the excitement and momentum and know when you get to WDW that it's been worth the wait! We could never do it last minute. It would be so stressful.

The only timeshare on Disney property is DVC (Disney Vacation Club). You can go to one of their sales pitches and tour a property, but you won't usually get anything for it. The offsite ones are the ones that offer free Sea World tickets, etc.

I love this quote.....

"the same people who justify buying a time share are often similar to those who will tell you a rv is a good financial investment........"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter