OK Med cruisers, which inexpensive airline...

collectoraholic

Is it time to sail yet?
for 1-way flight from Barcelona to Rome after our Med cruise? Does anyone know anything good/bad about Vueling Airlines? Any other Southwest type of European airlines we should consider? We've got our flights to/from Europe all booked, now we just need to get our one way to Rome for that portion of our stay after our cruise.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated! :cutie:

We flew Vueling after our 2011 Med cruise from Barcelona to Paris, and I would not hesitate to fly it again. After being quoted $2,400 for our family of 4 by our TA on Air France, I freaked out and starting doing online searches. Vueling popped up at $400 TOTAL for the 4 of us. I was a little nervous but felt much better once I realized Vueling is affiliated with Iberia. I was fully expecting to get hit hard on bag fees since the flight was so cheap, but we were not charged a penny for our checked bags or carryons. The flight left and arrived on time.

. . . Does anyone know anything good/bad about Vueling Airlines? Any other Southwest type of European airlines we should consider? . . .
Last October we flew on Vueling to Barcelona. Service was good and the flight was on time.

I don't know what mean with the Southwest reference.

Woody

We flew Vueling after our 2011 Med cruise from Barcelona to Paris, and I would not hesitate to fly it again. After being quoted $2,400 for our family of 4 by our TA on Air France, I freaked out and starting doing online searches. Vueling popped up at $400 TOTAL for the 4 of us. I was a little nervous but felt much better once I realized Vueling is affiliated with Iberia. I was fully expecting to get hit hard on bag fees since the flight was so cheap, but we were not charged a penny for our checked bags or carryons. The flight left and arrived on time.

Thanks so much for the 411. I appreciate first hand experience/knowledge. What I've come across so far as options is Vueling or RyanAir. We've flown RyanAir in the past from London to Dublin, but it was just myself & DH. Didn't know if there were any other options besides these two.

Last October we flew on Vueling to Barcelona. Service was good and the flight was on time.

I don't know what mean with the Southwest reference.

Woody

Thanks for the info, Woody. Good to see 2 positive references for Vueling.

SW reference means not being able to pre-pick your seat, etc. vs. how you can book with other airlines, such as United, American, etc.

Thanks for the info, Woody. Good to see 2 positive references for Vueling.

SW reference means not being able to pre-pick your seat, etc. vs. how you can book with other airlines, such as United, American, etc.

We had no issue with seats on Vueling. The 4 of us sat together.

I am flying Vueling from Barcelona to Paris. I paid a few extra euros to preselect my seat and check a bag, but it was still much cheaper then Air France

I'm not sure if things have changed, but Vueling does now charge for checked bags. However, if you book under the Iberia flight (they are codeshares), Iberia allows you 1 free checked bag per person. The flight is operated by Vueling but if you book via Iberia you get the free bag, if you book under Vueling you have to pay. This is the information I found when booking my Vueling operated flight under Iberia for our one way from Barcelona to Paris this summer.

We had no issue with seats on Vueling. The 4 of us sat together.

We were able to select our seats when we booked.

Woody

I am flying Vueling from Barcelona to Paris. I paid a few extra euros to preselect my seat and check a bag, but it was still much cheaper then Air France

I'm not sure if things have changed, but Vueling does now charge for checked bags. However, if you book under the Iberia flight (they are codeshares), Iberia allows you 1 free checked bag per person. The flight is operated by Vueling but if you book via Iberia you get the free bag, if you book under Vueling you have to pay. This is the information I found when booking my Vueling operated flight under Iberia for our one way from Barcelona to Paris this summer.

Great info everyone! I'm sure we'll book Vueling after hearing your reviews. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! :sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter