OK, Locals…What About Rain?

I would 100% go. DS went in a decent rain storm with a friend when he came home on spring break. They saw everything they wanted to in DL including ROtR, then went back and upgraded to park-hoppers and saw everything they wanted to in DCA too. That's pretty typical.

Crowds will be nil - BUT - be prepared! The rain is cold here and a cold air mass always follows the rain - you don't want to be walking around in soaked clothes. Umbrellas and ponchos won't cut it. You want actual rain gear - head to toe. Wet feet are the worst.

It's already cold. It will only be getting colder as the week goes on.

So, Saturday 12/3 -- a perfectly lovely day! Clear skies, 70 degrees ... and no wind. I was comfortable all day including the early CP performance w/out adding the layers I was carrying in my backpack. It was PERFECT. And the CP was lovely ... sigh. Fantastic.

Random notes and blessings from our visit:
  • Parked at Toy Story ~1:30p. Walked straight on to a waiting bus.
  • No lines at Security at DLR. The process went quickly except that my hubby was still carrying a good knife. Oops! He handed me his day bag (already cleared) and went back to the car to store the knife.
  • I entered DL to "get intel" on the CP scene. Indeed, I got good info from a CM who offered: "return at 4:15p when we will open up the standing areas." Cool!
  • Walking down Main Street I entered a mobile order at French Market for our lunch and then found a perfect table tucked in a quiet corner just outside the restaurant. Yeah!
  • COOL TIP! Read this bullet point -> Turns out, hubby's phone with DL app was in the day bag he handed to me before we separated. Uh-oh, I have his phone. How will he get into the park?
    • Suggested by the gate CM to my hubby on noticing hubby's Apple Watch: Ask wifey (me) to grab a screenshot of hubby's pass from my phone's DL app and then send it to hubby through text messaging.
    • YES, it worked! The Entry CM scanned the entry pass from hubby's Apple Watch. So cool!
    • In follow-up, we both made new Apple Watch faces using our DL tickets! Just in case ...
  • After lunch, we walked through Galaxy's Edge to get to Small World. In that random walk we encountered Mando with Grogu! Yeah! This was our first time seeing them ... so we lingered a bit to enjoy Mando's interactions with guests. Fun!
  • Small World: no wait! (We bailed twice on Thanksgiving due to queues exceeding 60 minutes.) We didn't know about the Easter Eggs regarding the Holiday Overlay's 25th anniversary until much later -- but found a couple in the photos we had taken along the ride.
  • Leaving Small World we got caught in parade traffic ... so we rode the Storybook Land Canal Boats. Hubby figured his last experience on that ride was likely 50 years ago ... mine was maybe 15 years? We were overdue and enjoyed it. It was a kookie decision ... fun!
  • From that point, we hit Starbucks and waited for CP. The folks around us were absolutely delightful and we enjoyed the conversations. This is the best part of a day at Disneyland!
  • My CP write up is here .
  • Exited DL and walked onto a waiting bus returning to Toy Story. (What? No line? No wait? Wowza. Cool.)
  • Even the long drive home seemed easier than normal .... still enjoying the glow of a perfect day!

We didn't end up going yesterday and I'm glad we didn't after hearing about the tragic situation at the parking garage last night. Based on timing, we would have been caught up in all that. It's bothering me so much and I wasn't even there. Just so heartbreaking that kids had to witness that. 😔

We didn't end up going yesterday and I'm glad we didn't after hearing about the tragic situation at the parking garage last night. Based on timing, we would have been caught up in all that. It's bothering me so much and I wasn't even there. Just so heartbreaking that kids had to witness that. 😔
I’m here now and only heard about last night after we arrived from my friend whose daughter is a cast member - she almost didn’t come to work today. Heartbreaking is absolutely the word. Thankfully most guests (including my son) are blissfully unaware.

We were there yesterday but we took rideshare, so we were safely away from all that and got the news as we were leaving the park. Heartbreaking.

I went Saturday night. And nothing was said except the trams were closed and we had to walk and use the bridge. And that only the elevators in Pixar & Pals parking structure were available. I did not see or hear anything until the next day. All they did was keep apologizing that the tram was closed and that all had to walk.

I went Saturday night. And nothing was said except the trams were closed and we had to walk and use the bridge. And that only the elevators in Pixar & Pals parking structure were available. I did not see or hear anything until the next day. All they did was keep apologizing that the tram was closed and that all had to walk.

I figured that's how it was handled. I'm just saying the time it actually happened (9pm) was the time we always aim to be back at the structure so we can get out before fireworks start (son can't tolerate hearing them, even with ear defenders). We could have potentially witnessed it and it would have been an extremely difficult (triggering) thing for our family, that's all. I'm glad we weren't there.

I figured that's how it was handled. I'm just saying the time it actually happened (9pm) was the time we always aim to be back at the structure so we can get out before fireworks start (son can't tolerate hearing them, even with ear defenders). We could have potentially witnessed it and it would have been an extremely difficult (triggering) thing for our family, that's all. I'm glad we weren't there.

So very true about not wanting to witness (myself or any kids around). I hopped back over to Disneyland a little after 9 (got caught in fireworks madness) but had considered leaving at that time. But I had a return time for ROTR and it had just finally come back up, so I went over to ride that (and Haunted Mansion Holiday with a return time) before leaving for the night. So, it was closer to 11 when I actually left the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter